Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software What Laptop for Phtoshop?

Photo Editing Software

What Laptop for Phtoshop?

kober

What Laptop for Phtoshop?

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:08 pm

What would be a good laptop computer to run Photoshop on?

henryt

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:47 am

move the monitor back and fourth. you'll see why its not
good at all for PS.

mlrphoto

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:40 pm

Go for a Dell Inspiron, you can't go wrong with that.

Important, put 1gb of ram memory.

vanderstouw

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:34 am

if you care about color, you will get a workstation... no (and i mean no) laptops have good color...

all laptop screens have bad color, incorrect color, and a terribly small color space.

laptops are really only good for use when shooting on location. if you are doing critical work, stick with a workstation.

in any case, use lots of ram, no matter what you use.

eryani

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:45 am

20-inch imac g5 ROCKS!
17-inch powerbook, although more expensive, might be ok too

alibaby

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:09 am

Any that you can stick a gb or two of ram into will do just fine for photoshop. An HP laptop is my only computer.

djwixx

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:48 am

I have 512MB RAM on 1.4Ghz laptop and photoshop is SLOW. I also use it on a 3Ghz desktop with 2GB RAM and that helps a lot. I gather Photoshop is a MAC product not very well ported to windows so it'll never be zippy - but I could be wrong.

If it's a Windows laptop, I'd go for anything with at least 1 GB RAM and a 2Ghz, and a seperate graphics card.

Whatever you get max sure it's as far away from the minimum requirements for software. Minimum requirements means it'll run - JUST.

Good luck.

ericvision

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:04 pm

Buy a nice CRT screen to plug in the back when you are at home. Crappy screen/colour/resolution sorted :D

rverma

try macbook pro

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:49 am

i have one gig ram and thats good. though 2 is a better number. Mac is a beeter choice for photo editing.

sebtd

I use a MacBook

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:18 am

I got a MacBook whit a intel core duo 2ghz where i updated the ram to a 2gig.

The screen is really great, but like any lcd you have to make shure to propelly set it up (like a crt you need to make shure you are keeping the ligthing condition similare, not to say the same as it been calibrated). So screen wise i suject to mak shure before final calibration to compare your screen whit some colors bars and gray scale).

lance_h

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:56 am

What would be a good laptop computer to run Photoshop on?

i use a Dell laptop all the time with no problems. choose a good video card, the best monitor option they give, lot's of ram, calibrate the monitor (as you would any other) and just make sure you are positioned properly (move around you'll see what i mean). depending on your needs, you can do a lot on a laptop.

lance

troutco

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:28 pm

any laptop with at dual core 1.6 or 1.8 GHz proc with <very important> the high end screen option (dell calls it true color). You want a laptop with the higher end LCD screen which has wide viewing angles and doesn't shift color/contrast based on your viewing angle. My daugher has a dell inspiron E505 and I can look at the monitor from just about any angle.

Also, get a monitor color profiling otion (I use colorvision spyder pro 2) to calibrate your monitor.

kevin_in_malaga

Re: What Laptop for Phtoshop?

Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi. The screen I use on a desk Top computer is the HP w19 wide screen BUT I am not sure about the calibration angle the other users are talking about. I will have to find out if it has auto calibration or if there is some other programe I need to install. I have just bought yesterday a Pentax K10D and will obviously need a Portable. The in model seems to be the Dell Inspiron. I have had before a Mac Book Pro but never had the camara then, good way to work eh :roll: . I am looking along the lines of a Mac Book but not glossy screen or I think it would be wise to have a closer look as these dell's you are all talking about. All the best.

kevin_in_malaga

Re: What Laptop for Phtoshop?

Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:13 pm

Just wanted to know what peoples view are on a TabletPC Fujitsu-Siemens Stylistic ST5010D with a 160 GB external memory USB. It could be used as a normal Tablet PC, storing images to see at a later date or to customers id applicable and can also be used as an in car GPS system?. Don't think it would be much good for photoshop though, but is a good way to show people your work maybe?.

cat_bounds_me

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:31 pm

Sony VAIO. I'm very happy with it.

Next

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software What Laptop for Phtoshop?