Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Any Thoughts on the new Microsoft Digital Image 2006 Suite??

Photo Editing Software

Any Thoughts on the new Microsoft Digital Image 2006 Suite??

emmaelice

Any Thoughts on the new Microsoft Digital Image 2006 Suite??

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:22 pm

Have been using the older version of Microsoft Image Suite 9.......Upgraded today with the 2006 version. Any comments about this new progam or suggestions would be appreciated. How do you rate it over all. Filter, borders, framing, etc!!!!

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm

I just bought the 2006 version as well. Never used the older version so I dont have anything to compare it to. I also use PhotoImpact 10 Pro.
How do you like it so far?

nzmalamute

re ms software

Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:44 am

I use it for printing,gives a far better result than photoshop,i have an epson R800.I also use Fujifilm paper rather than the epson paper,it is far cheaper than the epson paper as well

reflectionsbyruth

Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:25 pm

I have an Epson 4000
I have PS but usually print with PhotoImpactPro
I recently bought Dig img Suite 6 and when I printed my first image the color came out wrong. The only thing I did different was to print it with Dig Img Suite instead of PhotImpact. Unless there are different settings to use on MS Suite?
All help appreciated :)

I use Epson paper at the moment

nzmalamute

re MS image suite

Post Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:56 am

I have been getting outstanding results from the Fujifilm paper,it costs NZ$15 for 20 sheets and the Epson paper is about NZ$35 at trade price for 20 sheets.I have tried the red eye reduction with a huskys eyes but huskys eyes are quite diferent from other dogs eyes and i wanted to retain the eye colour
Last edited by nzmalamute on Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:18 pm

I havent seen Fugifilm sold locally. or on any of the websites i have been on.
Can you show a link of where you might have purchased it online?

nzmalamute

re fujifilm paper

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:12 am

I actually bought it from a local photo shop here in new zealand.I am going to try the new pro Fuji paper as well,is a few dollars dearer.I see a person from Australia (ip 202.134.255.162) went to my website from this topic.I thought it might have been you but you arnt in Australia.All visitors to my website are logged,i am getting lots of morons from the dpreview site trying stuff.i see better group of people here
Last edited by nzmalamute on Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

nzmalamute

re ms digital suite and printing

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:25 am

I am going to use ms digital suite for printing from now on,the printouts are more vivid,colours are better than printing out from photoshop.i have an Epson R800 and useing Fujifilm paper plus I printed out from a raw file,not a jpg

eos30me

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:00 pm

So is it worth going out and buying it?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~meyssens/

eos30me

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:02 pm

Actually did you know Microsoft also released a keyboard to be used with this software!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~meyssens/

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:51 pm

I forgot I wrote this thread a while back.. but since then I have got MS photosuite to print correctly.
With all photo software packages, you need to set the preferences for colormanagment and it should match up with your printer.

IMO, you shouldnt be printing with a RAW file.
All RAW fles need to be converted to either tiff or jpg if you want to print.
There are always slight adjustments from a RAW file that need to be done before you print, no matter how perfect the image came out in the camera :)

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Any Thoughts on the new Microsoft Digital Image 2006 Suite??