Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software resizing Images

Photo Editing Software

resizing Images

jfernandez

resizing Images

Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:59 am

Hi All,

I need to resize a couple of my images to fit on a 20"x30" canvas. Can this be easliy done in photoshop?

road_runner

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:15 am

Use Resize>Image Size
Then Put your dimensions in for height and width; then enter 200 for Pixels per inch (PPI/DPI). Click on "Bicubic" Arrow at the bottom right of the window, and select "Bicubic Smoother" from the drop down menu.

You should do this in steps - i.e. go from 8X10 to 11X14, then resize from 11X14 to 16X20 etc. till you get your size for the poster.

Note: If you are down sizing, use "Bicubic Sharper".

Final step is to sharpen using the Unsharp Filter. When sharpening, it is usually best to sharpen the image using the Actual Pixels View (100%)

Hope this helps.
road_runner

vanderstouw

Post Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:52 pm

there are two solutions to this that the top people in adobe recommend:

the first is the 10% method...

go to image size, and increase the image 10%... then do it again and again. it must be 10% - not 9%, not 11%, not 5 %.

the other method is simpler, and oddly enough, it works.

go to image size... pick the size you want to go to pick 360 pixels as your resolution... and then pick "bicubic sharper"... (note, if you want your final resolution to be 200, figure out what that will be before you do this). - i realize that it flies in the face of reason w/ the bicubic sharper thing... but it works great.

both of these methods work great... much better than simply rezing up.in image size.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software resizing Images