Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Problems with Photoshop CS2 and My Laptop

Photo Editing Software

Problems with Photoshop CS2 and My Laptop

dr_photos

Problems with Photoshop CS2 and My Laptop

Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:07 pm

Hi All,

I have a Compaq Presario Laptop with the following configuration.

AMD Athlon 4 - 1.2GHz processor
368MB of RAM
20 GB Hard Drive
24X CDROM Drive

There are two partitions, out of which 18 GB is used by the C:\ drive and 2 GB is used by Compaq for its backup and restore applications.

I have Photoshop CS2 installed in the C:\ drive, but whenever I am tryng to edit any photos, the OS does a complete memory dump, I get a Blus Screen and the Laptop reboots. This happens arbitarily, I have tried with no other application running at that time, even then the same thing happens. Can anyone suggest how to get rid of the problem. This problem has made my laptop virtually unusable for photo editing purposes. Any Help would be really usefull.

Thanks
Ray

mcphotographics

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:19 am

How full is your hard drive?

How much virtual memory do you have?

To increase the virtual memory (to say about 1.5gb) this works like RAM (but slower unfortunately) you need to

Right click on my computer click on Properties,

The window that comes up has a tab marked "Advanced"

Click on that, it has three sections the top one is marked "Performance" click on that

The bottom section of the next window, is titled Virtual Memory, click on change, and increase it, (bearing in mind how much free space you have left on the drive)

It may ask you to restart...

If you dont have a My computer icon on your destop....

easy

Open a folder on your destop (it dont matter which) and then in the window that is open go up one folder the "my Computer" Icon will be in that window.

I like my XP to look like old Windows....

M

other wise good luck....
As long as i am taking pictures i am happy...

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Problems with Photoshop CS2 and My Laptop