Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Please help !!! Quite emergency...

Photo Editing Software

Please help !!! Quite emergency...

avisinai

Please help !!! Quite emergency...

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:31 pm

Hello everybody,
I am very, very tensed and upset now. Last week I had a wonderful tour of my life in Paris where I shooted around 150 beautiful remembering pictures from my new Sony Dsc-V1. When I was back, I checked all those photos in my computer and found some with low brightness and contrast which I tried to fix in Irfanview. I've never worked with this software before.
I downloaded the photos to my computer and started editing some photos. Then I reloaded those edited photos back to my camera and found error that said "File Error" on my camera. I tried each and every variations and combinations to get back but couldnt. Then again I tried to download that specific "File error" photo back to computer and saw that it works well and I can see the photo without any problem. My biggest mistake was that i just didnt take a backup of original photos. Now I have around 116, 5.0 megapixels photos in my 256 mb memory card. Whenever I browse those photos on my camera, I can see the photos that were not edited and the photos that were edited I see as a "File Error".
I want to upload those edited photos to camera's memory card coz i need to develop in the local shop on hard paper. Kindly help me to get those edited photos from irfanview to my camera.
Any suggestions or advices are warmly welcomed.
Thanking you in advance
Avishai.

ckimmerle

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:43 pm

Avishai,

I don't think this is serious. Your camera is probably telling you that the edited images are NOT Sony-created files, not that the files are somehow corrupted. I am sure than the local printing shop will be able to read the files off the card just fine.

Consider this a lesson to always make backups and VEVER overwrite originals.

Good luck,
Chuck

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:11 pm

well my first question, why did you copy the pictures back over to your camera card??
You should have moved them over to a CD. Any camera place that prints photos takes CD's. I'm assuming you must have a CD/DVD burner because you wont be able to back up your photos any over way.
I suggest never to write to your camera card other than letting the camera take pictures on it because you are bound to get errors.
Also, never ever edit you pictures and save them back to the very same original file. I always put an a after mine.. i.e. filenamea.jpg that way I can always go back to the original. also never save over a jpg file more than once. Each time you save again you lose a great deal of quality.
Hope this helps

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Please help !!! Quite emergency...