Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Image Manipluation Help..

Photo Editing Software

Image Manipluation Help..

brusuth

Image Manipluation Help..

Post Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:37 pm

I took this photo at a friends wedding, there was already an official photographer but i took the camera along to see if i could build on my experience.

There was one area the official photographer never really covered, it was the bride going up the aisel, as he was in the wrong place however being in the pews with the rest i got a few shots close up.

The problem is i only got one image of the bride and her mother (who gave her away) going up the aisel, and he got none, but i made a schoolboy error and the camera strap got in the way.

As it means alot i wonder if this can be manipulated, with minimal cropping to produce a printable picture.. i'm not so hot in this area at all.

If anyone has any suggestions or could actually help me out it would be appreciated.

http://www.pbase.com/brusuth/image/50274114

larena

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:41 am

Do you have any other photos of the mother from a similar angle? If you do, you could try pasting or cloning parts of the dress & arm from that photo into this one.
Larena

road_runner

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:12 pm

If you have Photoshop Elements (1 or 2) or PS CS, you can use the Clone tool. Since the face is ok, you need only use the clone tool. Use the shift key and click on the dress. Then start the clone tool working from the dress and drag the tool to the right. When you get enough of the dress cloned, crop for a good area. I have done this several times, and found the tool invaluable.

road_runner

sample
Last edited by road_runner on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

halesr

Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:59 pm

WOW! road_runner you did an excellent job.--Rene

road_runner

Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:53 pm

Thought it would be better to reference a sample showing the before and after regarding tha application of the Lasso Tool and Clone tool.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Image Manipluation Help..