Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Check out your monitor - See if it needs calibrating!

Photo Editing Software

Check out your monitor - See if it needs calibrating!

road_runner

Check out your monitor - See if it needs calibrating!

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:49 am

Here is a nice link to check out your monitor's settings. I was surprised to see that my monitor is right on at the default setting. At least I can see the gray scale bars with no problem - even at the extremes. I have a ViewSonic VX715.

Here is the link to help you calibrate your monitor manually. I'm sur e that the Spider Pro 2 would make some difference, but this will hold me over.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/viewing.html

Good luck guys and gals!

photos_by_marc

ok....

Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:57 pm

Tried it.... Mine seems ok as well. Thanks for the link!

ukexpat

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:29 pm

If you want to calibrate properly there really is no substitute for a colorimeter and accompanying software. I use Colorvision's Spyder, but there are several other similar tools available.

road_runner

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:25 pm

For those trying to achieve the ultimate print, I agree that a colorimiter is the best way to go. It reminds me of the darkroom days. I went by the book - "Zone 6 Workshop" by Fred Picker and "The Print" by Ansel Adams. Of course back then I was selling my work. And for the more serious photographers, colorimeters are the way to go. I will no doubt get Colorvision's Spider 2 in a month or so. I just bought the Bride a new TV = 42" Dony HDTV (LCD Projection).

The article I referenced in another thread cleared a couple of things up for me. Once the monitor is calibrated the people who do my printing will probably gain the little extra punch.

BTW - check out http://www.CafePress.com they can make up nice calendars that will show off 12 of your favorites. You supply another for the cover.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Check out your monitor - See if it needs calibrating!