Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software I need a Photoshop expert

Photo Editing Software

I need a Photoshop expert

erik_cz

I need a Photoshop expert

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:46 pm

Hello,

Here's the deal. Suppose I have two pictures. One of a car, one of a pattern. Is it possible to give the car the pattern in such a way that it looks real? What I want is that the pattern follows the shape of the car and also that the highlights and shadows are respected. I hope this makes sense because I'm not English speaking. Do you think it can be done with Photoshop 7.0 or do I need other software for this? Does anyone knows a good tutorial to do stuff like this?

Regards,

Erik

halesr

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:30 pm

I have not done this, but here is a tutorial that MIGHT help.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/ht/aps5patternfill.htm

Try a google search for
photoshop tutorial adding pattern

You get quite a few hits. Post back on what you learn and if it works show us the results.--Rene

erik_cz

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:58 am

halesr wrote: Post back on what you learn and if it works show us the results.--Rene

Well, adding the texture is a piece of cake (see pic). However, it seems impossible to make it follow the contours of an object, cloth... etc so the results are pretty poor. I found a site where it's done by making selections and skew the pattern each time. It's a hell lot of work (not that I really care) but most of all you can only do it if the object's shape is too complicated. There's got to be better software to do this. I'm looking for it now.

gsansoucie

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:21 pm

I'm no expert, but what I think you want is a 3D package?

You are trying to apply a 3 dimensional pattern to a 2 dimensional image?

moxfactor

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:51 am

Maya or Bryce may do the trick, but then you'll have to learn some 3D modelling. However, the final result and the time spent is a lot better and faster than doing it in PS.

erik_cz

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:15 am

Yes, I think I need D software to do this. Been looking on the Net for more info. There's a lot of good 3D software but I think I'll go for this thing called Strata 3D because it has a bit of an Adobe interface and it seems like it's the step between Adobe software and "real" 3D software such as 3D Max.

pagapn

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:48 am

I think I can help you! If it's not too late.

blackvyper

Help

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:55 pm

I need a photoshop expert or a decent facsimile. I need the assistance of someone who can edit photos and make them look realistic. I am willing to pay to have the work done but it HAS to look genuine. The photos will be for my own use and are not to be used illegally. I would do it myself but Microsoft Picture It isn't going to cut it... ha ha ha. Only genuine offers of help need apply. I will have about 25-30 photos (maybe more or less) that need to be edited.. if your work is good then I will refer you to others. Email me with a 'realistic' estimate at blackvyper@yahoo.com

Thanks

djwixx

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:09 pm

Try checking out "The Hidden Manual' or books by Scott Kelby. I'm sure you can achieve what you need using layers and the magnetic lasso functions.

vanderstouw

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:19 am

You could try displacement maps... (see your help menu)..

here is a simple example... I started with normal text...

Image[/quote]

david_arthur_lee

Re: I need a Photoshop expert

Post Fri May 05, 2006 9:15 pm

erik_cz wrote:Hello,

Here's the deal. Suppose I have two pictures. One of a car, one of a pattern. Is it possible to give the car the pattern in such a way that it looks real? What I want is that the pattern follows the shape of the car and also that the highlights and shadows are respected. I hope this makes sense because I'm not English speaking. Do you think it can be done with Photoshop 7.0 or do I need other software for this? Does anyone knows a good tutorial to do stuff like this?

Regards,

Erik

This what you had in mind.

http://www.pbase.com/david_arthur_lee/i ... medium.jpg

henryt

Post Mon May 08, 2006 11:18 am

Very Good, David.

shocker711

Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:14 am

i need help if any body can insert a picture into a picute i will pay for help. This might sound a little weird but i want to play a prank on my friend and i am willing to pay $20 for someone to make it look like my friend is sucking a dick, i have a picture to start with and i tried it my self but im not real good at it. Im looking for an expert, someone who can make this look really good. if any one is intrested please email me at Freebird7116@yahoo.com and we can disscus it.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software I need a Photoshop expert