Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software photoshop help

Photo Editing Software

photoshop help

truckle

photoshop help

Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:05 pm

I hope I am posting in the right place.
I have a photo I need to extend the sides and top to a square sixe, from the usual rectangle sized photo. I need to extend the shading to the edge, keeping the same levels of gradient or shadow from the original. If I select the edge and transform it to the new canvas size it looks streaky. Does anyone know how to do this or understand my problem? I hope it makes some sense!

truckle

follow up. photo

Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:38 pm

further to my last post, I thought I would includethe photo. I want to make a circular crop of the image keeping as much as possible, and moving her down a little. I will be very grateful for any tips you can offer.

http://www.pbase.com/truckle/image/47118788

ckimmerle

Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:24 pm

The hardest part, as you probably know, is going to be the left side of the image. I had moderate luck selecting that area with the box tool (zero feather), creating another layer, then selecting the darkest and lightest colors and playing with the gradient tool until it looked close. It's not going to be perfect, at first, because the shadow isn't a perfect linear gradient. When you match the gradient moderately close to the shadow, you can use the clone tool and the band-aid tool to mix the the two together. After that, the top and right side should be a snap.

Chuck

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software photoshop help