Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Do you use LCD or CRT monitors?

Photo Editing Software

Do you use LCD or CRT monitors?

korzenko

Do you use LCD or CRT monitors?

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:04 am

This forum was the closest match for my question. I am about to purchase a new computer monitor and I don't know what to buy. I hear that CRT type monitors are better for photography but I can't find them in the stores anymore. I am looking for an intermediate to high end one but I don't know where to start looking. Are LCD monitors OK for photography or should I continue to search only for a CRT?

castledude

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:33 am

I have both on my system..

The CRT is just better for the photography end of things. It is easier to set the gamma on, and it is easier to get a match between it and my printing.

But you can do editing on an LCD and it will work it just requires a little more tweaking to get it. LCD monitors are easier to move around and take a lot less space on the desktop.

If you get an LCD try and control the light hitting the monitor as much as possible and be sure to calibrate the monitor carefully. Also get one with the highest contrast ratio possible.

Having both (dual monitor setup) is great for seeing how your web page will look on this and other systems. You can also reset the resolution on one monitor and look at a web page in a low resolution while editing in a higher mode.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Do you use LCD or CRT monitors?