Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photoshop CS --NEED HELP CLONING PLEASE

Photo Editing Software

Photoshop CS --NEED HELP CLONING PLEASE

seth112

Photoshop CS --NEED HELP CLONING PLEASE

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:09 pm

Hello everyone, I have searched Google for a while now and cannot find a tutorial on how to do what I'm trying to do. I have a friend that I want to take 2 pictures of and combine them both in the same original image area (the front of my house) I was told this was cloning but everything I've found only talks about taking out certain annoying areas in photos, I found an example of an artist's picture here on pbase, this is very close to what I'm trying to accomplish. Thank you for your time.

http://www.pbase.com/eclecticphoto/image/34244176

Seth Klette
sethklette@gmail.com

eclecticphoto

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:17 pm

The first step is to set your camera up on a good sturdy tripod. Then you want to change your settings so that everything is manual including focus. In other words you don't want the camera to change any settings for you between shots. Then just take the pictures you want.

After that's done you will need a program that has layering capability such as Photoshop. In Photoshop, put each frame on a different layer then use the eraser tool to erase portions of the top image to allow the subject in the bottom layer to show through. You will need to zoom in a lot and be careful when erasing. Layer masks can be useful here if you want to get high tech.

Hope this helps!

dougj

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:43 pm

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Photoshop CS --NEED HELP CLONING PLEASE