Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software HELP - moving photo collection from a win-pc to imac

Photo Editing Software

HELP - moving photo collection from a win-pc to imac

mauisvolcano

HELP - moving photo collection from a win-pc to imac

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:14 am

I have been using Adobe Photoshop Album 2 and then the integrated version that came with Abobe Photoshop Elements 3 to catalog and organize my photo collection on a windows pc. I am getting ready to switch over to a iMac. I have heard the Apple iPhoto progam has a superior GUI to Photoshop Album. Does it make sense to continue to use Abobe Album on the Mac to catalog and organize? Or does it make sense to use iPhoto for the organizer with Adobe as the image editor? What is the best was to convert a Abobe collection to iPhoto?

THANKS!!!!!!!!! :roll:

joseju

Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:43 am

First off, I don't think Adobe makes their album software for the Mac. iPhoto is great for simple use. It now supports RAW files so thats cool. You can either use iPhoto to do your simple photo color correction and stuff like that or you can use another program like photoshop or elements.

If you are a power or pro photographer iPhoto might not be the best way to view and organize your photos. Personally I use iView Media Pro. It is a little more complicated, but for my needs it better than iPhoto.

Bottom line, or just to try and make sense of what i been trying to say, iPhoto is great if you are not a pro. iView if you are a pro and work with more complex files.
-check out my pix

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software HELP - moving photo collection from a win-pc to imac