Board index Equipment Film Cameras Shooting film in Studio...

Film Cameras

Shooting film in Studio...

chaosphotography

Shooting film in Studio...

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:16 am

Hey guys just wanted to get ideas on any one who has ever shot with film in there studio with flashheads. What speed film should I be using? I have been sticking with ilford 400 b&w and just ran it at 200iso. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

mlpilot

Re: Shooting film in Studio...

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:25 am

I would start with any slide ISO 100 film. I shot Fuji NPC 160 negative (35mm format), and found that the grain was unacceptable to me (check out my page under PEOPLE for some samples). No software was available to correct it. I'll try to rescan those negs with some different options selected on my Nikon Coolscan. The film wasn't expired, but maybe the lab screwed something. I do prefer narrower latitude of slide as opposed to negative. I've been shooting Fuji films for many years (both slides and negatives), and now I've started experimenting with Kodak Professional slides. I do like colors of Kodak E100G. Next I'll try Kodak E100GX - very similar to former, but with warmer colors. Just remember to set your shutter speed to 1/125 or 1/250, and apperture to what your flash meter reads with the main key light. Then you'll be all set. Hope this helps a bit.
---
Bodies: Nikon F90x + MB-10 + MF-26; F70; F65, Zenith 11
Glass: Nikkor 50; 28-80; 70-300; Sigma 24-70
Flash: Nikon SB-28; 2x SB-22s; 2x SU-4
Scanner: Nikon COOLSCAN V LS-50
---
Mateusz, Matthew or Matt - whichever you prefer.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Shooting film in Studio...