Board index Equipment Film Cameras Konica Autoreflex T3

Film Cameras

Konica Autoreflex T3

wolfeye

Konica Autoreflex T3

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Anyone use this model? Been thinking about picking one up on eBay. What should I be on the lookout for? Any known, common problems with this model?

wolfeye

Re: Konica Autoreflex T3

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Weird. A few weeks ago, when I posted this, this camera went for under $50 on eBay. Nowadays the price has skyrocketed with one going for over a hundred dollars yesterday. I guess that means they're all right cameras!

pentax67

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:59 am

wolfeye wrote:Weird. A few weeks ago, when I posted this, this camera went for under $50 on eBay. Nowadays the price has skyrocketed with one going for over a hundred dollars yesterday. I guess that means they're all right cameras!

Recently joined - so not sure if this is relevant anymore. I've used Konica for 40 years. A great all round camera. Lenses are quality, camera body is well built. No quirks - just a solid camera. If you get this, keep an eye out for a rare lens. It's the Hexanon (Konica) 35 - 100 Vari-focal at f2.8 - takes 82mm filters. The lens equivalents are marked at 35 - 50 - 70 - 85 - 100. You must refocus this lens. It is not a zoom. With marks lined up you are very hard pressed to tell the difference between a fixed lens and the Vari-focal. Cost me $400 over 40 years ago. Fixed lenses are fast, and quite sharp wide open. Easy on batteries. Shutter priority worked well for me on AE. I used to shoot Formula 1 races back then and having the shutter priority was handy. Manually - it's aperture priority.

wolfeye

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:57 am

pentax67 wrote:
Recently joined - so not sure if this is relevant anymore. I've used Konica for 40 years. A great all round camera. Lenses are quality, camera body is well built. No quirks - just a solid camera. If you get this, keep an eye out for a rare lens. It's the Hexanon (Konica) 35 - 100 Vari-focal at f2.8 - takes 82mm filters. The lens equivalents are marked at 35 - 50 - 70 - 85 - 100. You must refocus this lens. It is not a zoom. With marks lined up you are very hard pressed to tell the difference between a fixed lens and the Vari-focal. Cost me $400 over 40 years ago. Fixed lenses are fast, and quite sharp wide open. Easy on batteries. Shutter priority worked well for me on AE. I used to shoot Formula 1 races back then and having the shutter priority was handy. Manually - it's aperture priority.

I did end up getting one. WOW. What an amazing camera. I have acquired quite a few Konica lenses and love them. Haven't come across the lens you mentioned - still hoping for the 21mm f4 lens to drop in price.

huldufolk

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Glad you got one and like it. I received a T3 just the other day off ebay. And it didn't disappoint - great build quality and great looks (and it's heavy!). Only ran one film through it so far, using a 28mm 3.5 and a 50mm 1.7. I really enjoy shooting the 50mm, and camera works well. I also have a TC - it is smaller, not as tank-like, and the shutter is seriously clunky. It's an event just to fire it off. And I love it. I only have 3 AR lenses (one 135mm 3.2) and different focal lengths are not that easy to come by. I can find 40mm, and occasionally a 57, but that's about it. But then again, I'm very content shooting with the 50mm.

pentax67

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:22 am

wolfeye wrote:
pentax67 wrote: The Hexanon AR lenses are very good optically and well made. The Vari-Focal lens is RARE. It's also fast a f/2.8. It cost me about $450 - 40 years ago. If you ever find one - GRAB IT.

I did end up getting one. WOW. What an amazing camera. I have acquired quite a few Konica lenses and love them. Haven't come across the lens you mentioned - still hoping for the 21mm f4 lens to drop in price.

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Konica Autoreflex T3