Board index Equipment Film Cameras Leitz Leica III Cameras

Film Cameras

Leitz Leica III Cameras

blaised

Leitz Leica III Cameras

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:54 am

Does anyone know where I can get current values on the Leica III (M Mount) Series of cameras?

vid64

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:14 pm

M Mount Leica III? No such beast. Unless you mean an M3... try searching completed listings on eBay.

certochrome

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:51 pm

Yes there is the M-39 screw mount fitted on Leica III built since the late 30´s and during WWII. Can´t tell the exact range of production time as Leitz isn´t my favourite theme at all. For getting actually current values of these cameras i agree to watching completed items on eBay might be the best idea or maybe looking at McKeown´s catalogue 2005 might help.

vid64

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:35 am

No there isn't. The Leica III is screw mount, the M-mount is the later bayonet fitting as found on the M series of cameras. Seems Leica's daft naming scheme still causes confusion...

rsilfverberg

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:27 pm

certochrome wrote:Yes there is the M-39 screw mount fitted on Leica III built since the late 30´s and during WWII. Can´t tell the exact range of production time as Leitz isn´t my favourite theme at all.

No there isn't.

jim_panzee

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:30 am

Unless of course you mean a Leica 111f with a screw mount adaptor to accept M mount lenses, but as these are as rare as hens teeth, I would forget about it. :D

But you could try this site for prices of old Leicas.

http://www.cameraquest.com/
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Leitz Leica III Cameras