Board index Equipment Film Cameras Anyone still shooting film?

Film Cameras

Anyone still shooting film?

rick_jack

Anyone still shooting film?

Post Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:30 am

I switched to digital around 2003. As film camera prices dropped I started a collection of SLR cameras made in the period of 1965-1980, manual focus only. I managed to save my Bronica's as well. Every now and then I run a roll of film through one, develop and scan it.
I've been posting my images here a few at a time for years.
I noticed there hasn't been a post here in years. I hope others using film will share their thoughts, post about recent film camera finds, etc.
regards,
Rick
Long Island, NY

the_microscope_tuell

Re: Anyone still shooting film?

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:27 am

Hi, Rick!

I have recently gotten back into it - whole hog! I've got a small darkroom set up and just last weekend started doing film processing as well as enlarging. I'm starting to get into more interesting techniques and processes. I'm only dealing with black and white film, at least for now...

See my recent post here http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48264 asking if others are doing darkroom work.

I picked up a Pentax SP1000 (totally clean and working, for $8 on eBay! :D ) and have a couple of nice fast prime lenses and a Tamron 80-210, all manual, that I've been enjoying.

Nice to meet you!

Mike
Tucson, AZ

dw_thomas

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Just noticed this, yes, I've pretty much settled on B&W processed at home for film work, using digital for color work. I have a darkroom that is not set up as well as it could be, but I do some printing to submit work to occasional shows http://www.pbase.com/dw_thomas/exhib_photos. The shift of wedding photographers to digital made it easy to build up a significant kit of Bronica SQ-A gear which I use for my "most serious" work. But over the last ten years I've added a Yashica TLR and two folders (6x6, 6x9) to my medium format gear; I use them all.

(At this moment I am way behind posting some new work from the summer travels which included a dozen rolls of 120 B&W .... any day now!)

DaveT

hsandler

Post Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 pm

For money, most of what I shoot is done with a DSLR, but for fun and art, it's almost all done with film cameras. I particularly like medium-format, but I also own a few 35mm cameras and a large format Crown Graphic, which is loads of fun.

hmlai88

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:16 am

rick_jack wrote:I switched to digital around 2003. As film camera prices dropped I started a collection of SLR cameras made in the period of 1965-1980, manual focus only. I managed to save my Bronica's as well. Every now and then I run a roll of film through one, develop and scan it.
I've been posting my images here a few at a time for years.
I noticed there hasn't been a post here in years. I hope others using film will share their thoughts, post about recent film camera finds, etc.
regards,
Rick
Long Island, NY

Yes, 100% film since 1986.

pgama

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Yes my friend. Although I use digital most of the time, my F2 and F are still very busy. lol
Rgds

hevezimj

Post Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:12 pm

70% film
30% digi

sueymarky

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:15 am

I am... with my canon ae=1 program camera :)

simonkirk

Post Sat May 02, 2020 3:43 pm

I am just getting back into shooting film again, I have an old Olympus OM10 and I am gathering lenses for it. I hope to start processing my own B+W negatives this month, I will invest in a scanner once I have funds available.
Simon Kirk

Dynamic Light Photography

sueymarky

Post Tue May 26, 2020 8:42 am

I still shoot with my Canon AE-1 Program camera

sluseparken

Post Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Hello and YES!

After a long break of 17 years i am back.
Looking forward to shoot more B+W film and slides :D

stephen_lumsden

Post Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:23 pm

Hi

Yep. I was thinking about getting rid of my Contax or Rollieflex after not using them for 7 years, but I decided to test them out first. I really enjoyed using them. That said my Rollei let me down and is in the menders. I bought a Yashica B and a GTN also as backups now, which I am enjoying testing.

For me, even though the Lumix cameras do a good b/w these days, its still a lot of fun doing b/w on film and every now and gain, the results are better.
rgds

Stephen

Contax II, Rolleiflex-T, Yashica Electro GTN
Panasonic LX10 and FZ1000m2,
My Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/stephen_lumsden

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Anyone still shooting film?