Board index Equipment Scanners Epson scan problem Help

Scanners

Epson scan problem Help

jim_panzee

Epson scan problem Help

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:45 pm

Having just bought the Epson 3170, I am not too familiar yet with the operating procedure, and I have one problem which I hope someone can sort out for me,
When I scan B/W negs I use the Home Mode in Epson Scan, I can get the preview scan done OK, and make the adjustments needed to transfer to another program. The problem I have is HOW do you save the images to the computer, I cant find anywhere to do this.

ukexpat

Post Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:25 pm

Jim

When I scan I always do so from within my graphics app, usually Photoshop, rather than using the scanner's standalone scanning app. PS calls the scanner TWAIN driver where I do the preview and scan, then when done the scan is automatically transferred to PS. I always do image tweaking in PS rather than in the scanner interface as, at least for my Canon scanner, the options available in the scanner interface are rather limited. Once tweaked I save just like any other image in PS. The same should work for any graphics app that has a TWAIN interface.

jim_panzee

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:01 pm

Tried that Nigel, but no joy. The problem is, after the scan (which works OK) there is no "Save" or "Save to file" button, I am left with just the preview thumb nails on the screen. This only happens scanning B/W negatives in "Home Mode".

jim_panzee

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:48 pm

Sorted, started the program in Photo shop 7, scanned to preview, got the thumbnails, but then what I forgot to do was press the "scan button" again, once I did that the pictures came up on the P/S screen. What a bloody idiot. :oops:

ukexpat

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:41 pm

jim_panzee wrote:Sorted, started the program in Photo shop 7, scanned to preview, got the thumbnails, but then what I forgot to do was press the "scan button" again, once I did that the pictures came up on the P/S screen. What a bloody idiot. :oops:

Don't be too hard on yourself -- easily done!

jim_panzee

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:42 am

Yeah I know! But when you miss something simple like that, you feel a right PRATImage

ukexpat

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:35 pm

jim_panzee wrote:Yeah I know! But when you miss something simple like that, you feel a right PRATImage

As a Brit living in the USA, that's a word I haven't heard in a while...

djon

answer

Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:35 am

Don't use home mode.

jazzmech

Use Pprofessional Mode

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:41 am

This weekend, I setup my Epson 3170 scanner and spent tow days using it. Could not figure out some sontrols i home mode so I switched to professional mode.For me the home mode doesn't offer any controls....the professional mode is better.

Board index Equipment Scanners Epson scan problem Help