Board index Equipment Scanners Film Scanning problem

Scanners

Film Scanning problem

dmcwoo

Film Scanning problem

Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:20 am

I saw many people using minolta scanner here. I have some problem when I scanning slide. My scan are usually not sharp as negative film and color is very blue. sometime the scan are very dark. Can you guys tell me your setting when you scanning slide thanks!

I am using Dimage Elite II. I took my photo with my Nikon FM10(50 1.8D) and using the RDPIII (FUJI PROVIA 100).

qleap

Bad Scans

Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:35 am

David,
I use the Dimage Scan Dual II. To diagnose the problem I need more information, but I'll try some simple suggestions (you probably know most of these). Emulsion side goes up. Always do a pre-scan. Often the slide looks OK by hand, but is dark during scanning. Try auto correction settings after the pre-scan (select "under exposed" for dark images). Try adjusting brightness with histogram or curve tools. For fuzzy images, do auto-focus pre-scan. If still bad, try doing a manual focus. Try "color cast" to get rid of blue or adjust out the blue with the color balance. Many of these problems can be corrected after the scan with Photoshop but is is good to get the original scan at the proper brightness and focus. Good luck.
-Clayton

Board index Equipment Scanners Film Scanning problem