Board index Equipment Scanners problems with CanoScan 9900F

Scanners

problems with CanoScan 9900F

kurtdebrouwer

problems with CanoScan 9900F

Post Fri May 13, 2005 7:30 pm

I bought a brandnew CanoScan 9900F (on Ebay though...) and seem to have a serious problem. I was testing the scanner and trying to perform a calibration. After I gave this command my computer froze and I was forced to stop this task pushing CTR+ALT+DEL. That was the start of some major problems with my scanner. Since then I get all the time the following error message : "Release the lock switch, detach the I/F cable and reconnect. Scanner driver will be closed". First of all the lock switch was not locked, secondly even if I recheck everyting the same error message returns again and again. Could it be the scanner is internally blocked ?? Does anyone recognize this ? Is anyone able to help me out of this akward situation ? I would be so thankful !!!!!

ukexpat

Re: problems with CanoScan 9900F

Post Mon May 16, 2005 7:56 pm

kurtdebrouwer wrote:I bought a brandnew CanoScan 9900F (on Ebay though...) and seem to have a serious problem. I was testing the scanner and trying to perform a calibration. After I gave this command my computer froze and I was forced to stop this task pushing CTR+ALT+DEL. That was the start of some major problems with my scanner. Since then I get all the time the following error message : "Release the lock switch, detach the I/F cable and reconnect. Scanner driver will be closed". First of all the lock switch was not locked, secondly even if I recheck everyting the same error message returns again and again. Could it be the scanner is internally blocked ?? Does anyone recognize this ? Is anyone able to help me out of this akward situation ? I would be so thankful !!!!!

Have you tried the usual trouble shooting - unplug the scanner from the PC and from the power outlet, reboot the PCm, power up the scanner and re-plug the USB cable (check the power button on the front of the scanner). If you still have problems, uninstall the Canon scanner software and start from scratch.

jmahedy

Scanner Problem

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:25 pm

Hi,

I bought a canoscan 9950 (new) and had similar issues. I recall at the time it was due to the film loading frames I was using being incorrect.

Make sure that both the source and film size reflects that of the film type you are trying to scan.

Cheers

Board index Equipment Scanners problems with CanoScan 9900F