Board index PBase Questions and Answers Are there still people working at Pbase?

Questions and Answers

Are there still people working at Pbase?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
mikelong

Re: Are there still people working at Pbase?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 am

it may be in part due to management dysfunction that the pbase community is as strong as it is. a united front so to speak. or a support group!

1designguy

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 pm

mikelong wrote:it may be in part due to management dysfunction that the pbase community is as strong as it is. a united front so to speak. or a support group!

That is good food for thought. I guess if you pair that with the freedom to control the look of our Pbase pages, there is a bit of an addictive combination.

That doesn't ever take the admins off the hook of needing to appreciate the ones who allow them a salary. Just communicate. Not that hard. It baffles me.

Oh yes...

Oops, you were automatically logged out while you were typing - Logging you back in now - Please hit "Submit" again.

...again.

helenpb

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 pm

mikelong wrote:Personally I find the lack of communication by owners/admin the most disturbing.
Seriously, how much effort does it take to post a simple message and occasional updates regarding what's going on?
Are they on drugs?

Well, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there is any "management" left there. I think somebody said Emily hadn't been heard from in a while, and I don't recall her addressing any concerns in this thread. Another poster said they had requested help from the email service address and were still awaiting a resolution (like for months, I think). I wrote to slug -- who has always been quite conscientious in responding and trying to fix problems I bring up -- several days ago and have had no response.

So I'm wondering if we're not all alone on a sinking ship here. I certainly hope that isn't the case because I like this site and value the Pbase friends I've made here over the years. But it's quite odd that things seem to be deteriorating and that nobody in admin has stepped in to reassure us that it's being taken care of, at the very least.

1heart

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:56 pm

helenpb wrote:[So I'm wondering if we're not all alone on a sinking ship here.

Sadly, that does seem to be the case.

My Mate was considering joining Pbase, now that she has taken an interest in photography, but I had to suggest that we find another site for her . . .

ellisonphotography

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 pm

It seems that there is still someone around: Jehan posted tonight in the credits thread
http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47030

paninic

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Good news.... :)

helenpb

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 pm

ellisonphotography wrote:It seems that there is still someone around: Jehan posted tonight in the credits thread
http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47030

Well, that's encouraging, at least. I would still be happier if somebody in management would say they're aware of the problems people are experiencing and not to worry. Although, I must admit this evening things were working better than the past week or so.

paninic

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

For me, to day ( in France ), a very big difference. All works fine. Thanks! :D

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

We know that there have been issues of slowness with the site recently. We were working on tracking down the source of the problem, which turned out to be amazingly well hidden. The symptoms couldn't really point us in the right direction, but we finally found the source of the slowness and resolved the problem. Everything is definitely looking better from our end. We hope that you are all seeing the same improvement.

We will communicate better about issues like this in the future.
Thank you for your patience.
Emily & The PBase Team

amoxtli

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 pm

emily wrote:Hello Everyone,

We know that there have been issues of slowness with the site recently. We were working on tracking down the source of the problem, which turned out to be amazingly well hidden. The symptoms couldn't really point us in the right direction, but we finally found the source of the slowness and resolved the problem. Everything is definitely looking better from our end. We hope that you are all seeing the same improvement.

Emily & The PBase Team

Thank you for replying Emily. Communication is so important, and uncertainty is very uncomfortable to say the least. I think you have a great group of loyal subscribers on this site who would like to be kept in the loop.

Best Wishes,

Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

heez10

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:09 am

amoxtli wrote:

Emily & The PBase Team

Thank you for replying Emily. Communication is so important, and uncertainty is very uncomfortable to say the least. I think you have a great group of loyal subscribers on this site who would like to be kept in the loop.

Best Wishes,

Walter

Amoxtli speaks for me too. Thank you Emily, keep it improving!!!
Regards

Hernan

paninic

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 am

I agree with Amoxtil and heez10. Thanks you Emily to you and all Pbase team for your good work.
Sinceraly
Pat

tvw

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:03 pm

amoxtli wrote:

Emily & The PBase Team

Best Wishes,

Walter

Totally agreed with Walter!
Are there any new features in the pipeline for Pbase? A new search, a fresh look, easier to modify look and feel of your own pages, possibility so see votes, an Android/iOS app (like 500px)?

Thanks!

1designguy

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Ditto... Thank you Emily.

ianm_au

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:13 am

What happened to the other moderators r=that used to inhabit this site. At one stage Slug and Emily had some other users as moderators to reduce the load on them.

Ian

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Are there still people working at Pbase?