Board index PBase Feature Requests Lightroom plugin for upload

Feature Requests

Lightroom plugin for upload

Request changes or modifications.
anthony

Re: Lightroom plugin for upload

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:36 am

I just downloaded and tried out the Pbase Lightroom exporter with LR4.1 for Mac: thanks for making it available, Steve. The plugin loads and I can login to Pbase and see my galleries, but can't export. One time, I got an error message, the next time I tried, just nothing happened.

As a work around for uploading to Pbase from LR, I now find Zip exporter helpful:
http://photographers-toolbox.com/produc ... porter.php
This is a very useful little plugin that exports multiple images directly to a zip file. The zip file can then be dragged and dropped onto the uploader in the Pbase drag and drop editor. The editor then nicely unzips the archive and reads titles/descriptions.

As a workaround this method is OK, but it still falls far short of a proper LR publish service which many of Pbase's competitors (especially Flickr) now have. I really think that Pbase need to appreciate the extent to which Lightroom and its publishing services are now embedded into photographers workflows. I'm really not sure how long I'm going to be prepared to use a workaround like this rather than a proper publish service.

Anthony.

treecat

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Steve, thanks so much for hosting this. By the time I heard of the file, Lucidity's website wasn't working. I've tried the plugin with one photo so far and it worked great. Using Lightroom 3.6. :)

paulsilkphotography

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:58 pm

emily wrote:We are looking into a lightroom plugin.

-Emily

I guess you stopped looking as we are twelve months on.
Keep on snapping and catch the moment if you can.
Paul

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

davekitson

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:29 pm

paulsilkphotography wrote:
emily wrote:We are looking into a lightroom plugin.

-Emily

I guess you stopped looking as we are twelve months on.

Apologies for this duplicate post, but it seems to fit better in this thread than in "vote for your favourite feature" where I originally posted:

I'm a longtime PBase user and have been hanging in for a long time now waiting for a Lightroom Upload plugin (partly due to inertia, partly believing the hints that such functionality would become available).

More in sorrow than in anger I've come to the belief that it isn't going to happen, and I will allow my subscription to lapse when it runs out in 2 months time. I'm currently examining alternatives, there are quite a few with such a tool available.

dave k

jimmsp

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 pm

All I get by trying the link is
The document name you requested (/..\PBasic.lrdevplugin.zip) could not be found on this server

Does anyone have anything that works?

Jim

davekitson

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:24 pm

jimmsp wrote:All I get by trying the link is
The document name you requested (/..\PBasic.lrdevplugin.zip) could not be found on this server

Does anyone have anything that works?

Jim

I've got a modified version of this that works with LR4.x on Windows 7, but doesn't work with LR3.x on Vista.

It's not my intellectual property, so I am reticent about publicly hosting it (I note that Steephill has removed his copy, but don't know if he was requested to or whether its just Web attrition).

I would be happy to email you a copy..

dave k

bidyottam

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Can not believe that the first post was in August 2011, yet there are no easy fixes or plugins for uploading from LR4. Too bad I just renewed subscription for another year. But rest assured this will be my last if there are no fixes SOON ( semms though in PBase terms "soon" could be years :( ). It will be sad to part ways after almost 8 years, but so be it!!

steephill

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm

I haven't removed the zip file, it is still there on this page http://www.sussexhill.net/misc1.html. I was able to download the zip file without problems but if anyone has trouble please reply and I will see if there is anything I can do.

davekitson

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 pm

steephill wrote:I haven't removed the zip file, it is still there on this page http://www.sussexhill.net/misc1.html. I was able to download the zip file without problems but if anyone has trouble please reply and I will see if there is anything I can do.

Hi there,

Clicking your link gets me to a page with a description of, and a link to, the zip file.

Clicking this link gives a "not found on Server" message, which is why I thought that it may have been removed.. (permissions??)

dave k

orogeny

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:49 pm

davekitson wrote:I'm a longtime PBase user and have been hanging in for a long time now waiting for a Lightroom Upload plugin (partly due to inertia, partly believing the hints that such functionality would become available).

More in sorrow than in anger I've come to the belief that it isn't going to happen, and I will allow my subscription to lapse when it runs out in 2 months time. I'm currently examining alternatives, there are quite a few with such a tool available.

dave k

Add me to that list. I may give it one more renewal, but Flickr is now my default hosting site and that is precisely because I can upload directly from Lightroom. I am not a programmer, but I don't understand how this can be that hard.

Tim

bobfloyd

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Any progress on this or is it just a no go?

Previous

Board index PBase Feature Requests Lightroom plugin for upload