Board index PBase Show and Tell 188th Show & Tell Competition: We are tiny! - WINNER

Show and Tell

188th Show & Tell Competition: We are tiny! - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
rindra

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

First of all, I would like to thank and congratulate everyone for their entries! Overall, the theme has been respected, sometimes a little too much because it was difficult to distinguish the subjects in some pics. To this I would add that my choice has looked for photos taken on the spot (= not prepared) because natural pictures remain the best to me! :-) Even so, here are some Honorable Mentions and 4 top finishers:

HONORABLE MENTIONS (in no particular order)

I love the contrast between the hot sand and cold mountains in the background, the footprints provide an additional dynamic to the picture! Very nice shot Thomas!

A romantic picture! Obviously, one would think that man is the size of the sun but.. this is another way of seeing things, and I simply like it Jim.

Jean-Louis, permets-moi de te parler en français, cela devait être impressionnant d'être à cet endroit n'est-ce pas? :-) Superbe ligne de force également!

Well chosen title, his posture gives me the impression he intends to throw himself into the void .. Nice morning colors too

"But how did she do to get up there?" Honorable mention for taking risks! I hope that lady is still with us :-)

I don't know what they discussed before but well seen! I just regret not having a better quality of the picture Peter!

Photography can take us anywhere from passion, Even in Death Valley! We are tiny but we can go far!

THE TOP 4:

4TH PLACE:

Like a painting, a true masterpiece! I do not know if you're a pilot, but you were there at the right time and right place, the pastel colors are great and we can estimate the size of the boat through the rock, congratulations Jojie!

3RD PLACE:

Sir Ken, I love the facial expression of the man on the panel, and these individuals so tiny next to it, we do not know exactly what they are looking for, and I do not know if they realized there was a giant picture painted in front of them haha! But fat is what the beauty of this picture, and the background gives an additional room! Bravo!

2ND PLACE:

Exactly the kind of shot I expected! Look at the size of this individual (who must be at about 1.80 m) in the canyon! Superb texture of rocks, and a moment very well chosen for the shot, nice work Nelson!

AND NOW,THE WINNER IS...:

Dennis! This photo gave me chills the first time I saw it! The size of the words (in all senses) compared to the smallness of the child who has frozen! Added to this is a perfect framing and light, is a winner for me. Congratulations to you, now its your turn top play!

And once again, congratulations to each and every one of you! And last, feel free to question me if you ever go through Madagascar :-)

Greetings!
Malagasy photographer

jlben

Re: 188th Show & Tell Competition: We are tiny! - WINNER

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Great selection Rindra and congrats to the winners

Thanks for the HM :wink:

tddunn

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Congrats all, thanks for the HM.

terrybowker

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 am

Outstanding! That was my choice for first place also! Congratulations Dennis!!!!!!

smithjim500

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 am

Great theme and perfect choices for your top 4. Thanks for the HM.
Jim

fishit

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:12 am

Rindra I am very honored to have been chosen.
I am glad you enjoyed thew picture and congrats the other winners and HM.
Give me a day, got on late tonight and need a day to think of a fresh new idea.
Sorry for the slight delay, I do not see a button.

luxun54

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 am

Thanks for the Honorable Mention. Great topic, and a great set of entries!

gillk

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:40 am

Congratulations to Dennis and other winners - great idea for a competition - and great choices Rindra
Gill

sandiwhi

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:02 am

Congrats Dennis for your excellent capture. Those are some big words, in so many ways.
Congrats too, to all the winners and participants, for some great entries for an excellent topic.

jojie_alcantara

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Congratulations to all HMs and top choices! Rindra, thanks for picking my image as 4th, I am honored to be included in such beautiful entries. As for your question, no I am not a pilot, but was flying over at the right place and time. As it is, the waves were already disturbed by our presence. Thanks again! Powerful first place image! :D
"A photographer is nothing without his camera." - Eddie Cohen
http://www.kodakerdabawenya.com
http://www.pbase.com/jojie_alcantara

kzaret

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Unusual topic and great choice for the winner! It has a lot of meaning as well as visual appeal. Thanks for 3rd pl.

mangoman

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks for including my photo, what an honor among so may stellar entries. Congrats Dennis, fantastic shot!

Board index PBase Show and Tell 188th Show & Tell Competition: We are tiny! - WINNER