Board index PBase Show and Tell 447th Show & Tell Competition: Fruit - WINNER

Show and Tell

447th Show & Tell Competition: Fruit - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
gillk

sylvester

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:54 pm

It's been fun looking through the entries for this competition. As I mentioned I would be looking for something a bit different, which, you will notice is what I've chosen. So, without further ado, here are the HM's in no particular order (alphabetical), and the winners.

Honourable mentions:
Cits_4_pets. This Healthy Bowl of Cherries is just so cool and different - I liked both of your entries Flo, but this takes the cake - the running shoes are just so funny :)

Grompem's Cigar and plastic apples. I would have liked this shot more without the cigar :( However, the light catching the plastic apples is marvelous - star studded apples :)

Lambsfeathers' Offerings in north tower. The candle light falling on the fruit gives the shot a mystical feeling - lovely.

Luxun54. This shot of the cactus fruit is lovely - I like the colours and the light creating nice shadows.

3rd Place: jeanb's Old Master. Love this still life of an old fashioned kitchen - so appropriate for this time of year (in the northern hemisphere that is :)

2nd Place: Mardoli's "Golden Fruit". Pineapples and yellow roses - what a lovely image.

1st Place is Sylvesters "Garish Pear" - love it, especially as we were all in an abstract mood after the last competition :)

mardoli

Re: 447th Show & Tell Competition: Fruit - WINNER

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm glad you liked my composition.
Many thanks for the appreciation.
There were interesting photos in this competition.
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

cits_4_pets

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

LOL, just played around with the salad shoes and tried to make a bowl. Glad you liked it!
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

sylvester

Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:03 am

I'm delighted! Thanks so much for awarding first place to my garish pear. I'm ready to go with a new contest, but must find out from Emily how to post it. Just email her. SO pleased.....! sylvester

luxun54

Post Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:43 am

Thank you for the HM, and for a fun topic.

grompem

Post Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:52 pm

congrats to the winners.... btw: i like the cigar just fine... ha.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 447th Show & Tell Competition: Fruit - WINNER