Board index PBase Show and Tell 424th Show & Tell Competition: ANYTHING CHRISTMAS - WINNER

Show and Tell

424th Show & Tell Competition: ANYTHING CHRISTMAS - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kazmierczyk

jarekm

Post Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:56 pm

This contest has turned out smaller than I had expected – perhaps a sign that everyone is out taking pictures with new gear they got for Xmas. I know I did :)

First, honorable mentions:

Robin Lew, for this mesmerizing photo. I cannot figure out whether it is a scale replica, or the real thing. Well seen and photographed.

Markus, and the TreeLiminator Girl. Funny and cheeky.

Margaret Lew, and her Xmas shopping spree. Whether you wear flipflops or felt boots, it seems that the queues are the same everywhere

Third place:
Todd Merport – and the charming Nativity scene. Well composed, nice choice of B&W and a touch of sweet humour.

Second place to Markus Grompe.
I don’t know where Bellwald is, but looking at your photo, I would like to visit it one day.

The winning shot is the three Santas, by Jarek M

I loved this photo from the first moment I saw it, more than six years ago. A textbook example how desaturating everything but the main subject strengthens a composition. Plus, I like the twist in this photo – in most cases, people are waiting for Santa.
Over to you Jarek.

Big thanks to all the participants, and best wishes for the coming new year 2017 .

robinlew

424th Show & Tell Competition: ANYTHING CHRISTMAS - WINNER

Post Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:22 am

Thanks for the HM. Congrats to winners. That scene is a scale model. In fact, 1:12 scale.
Last edited by robinlew on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jarekm

Re: 424th Show & Tell Competition: ANYTHING CHRISTMAS - WINNER

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:57 am

Thank you very much for awarding my photo the fist place; much appreciated.

Best Regards and Happy New Year

Jarek

mclew

Re: 424th Show & Tell Competition: ANYTHING CHRISTMAS - WINNER

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Congratulations to the winners! There were not many photos submitted but still there was a great variety of Christmas celebrations.
Thanks for the Honorable Mention! A nice holiday surprise for me.

Margaret Lew

Board index PBase Show and Tell 424th Show & Tell Competition: ANYTHING CHRISTMAS - WINNER