Board index PBase Show and Tell 415th Show & Tell Competition: YOUR BEST!

Show and Tell

415th Show & Tell Competition: YOUR BEST!

Announce and discuss your photos.
alain_lestrade

Re: 415th Show & Tell Competition: YOUR BEST!

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:44 pm

grompem

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:13 pm

robinlew

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:56 pm

aldeca

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:27 am

cits_4_pets

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:02 pm

One of my favorite subjects is windows using available light. I took shots at different angles bracketing the exposures as well as using a fill flash. This was my favorite of the series.

Just an everyday chore opening blinds (Hunter Douglas Silhouettes-a mesh fabric between vanes). Like the light and shadows & the lines appearing to getting closer together. Again I bracketed the exposure for best results and converted to B&W in Elements.

Seen and done a few of eye shots with reflections, but this one having the shadow of my horse and me kneeling reflecting in her big beautiful eye is my favorite. Was able to shield the sun so I could use backlighting & she stood so still on the trail. I also like the diagonal lines of the eye.
Due to chronic migraines, I unfortunately had to sell her as I just could not ride her and give her the attention & love she deserved. She is now retired from showing with the new owner taking her horse camping.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

sylvester

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Pot o' Gold at First Baptist
I like it for being my best capture ever, for the vibrance of the light, clarity of detail even considering it was taken through a pane of less than clean glass. Maybe someone more experienced than I am can explain the odd mottling of the sky. A confession: I removed two radio towers from the extreme right side of the image.

sylvester

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:11 am

Brown-eyed Handsome Man
In my eyes, good for color, composition, capture, and especially for backlight shining through his ears to create a stained-glass window effect. Too bad I chopped off his left paw.....

Previous

Board index PBase Show and Tell 415th Show & Tell Competition: YOUR BEST!