Board index PBase Show and Tell 404th Show & Tell Competition: Journalism - WINNER

Show and Tell

404th Show & Tell Competition: Journalism - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
cits_4_pets

jarekm

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Thank you to all who entered. Many images I could see being published.

Congratulations to Jarek M for the image of the effects of a drought. The well composed image & caption tell the story effectively.

"A vivid illustration of the drought in Australia. There is hardly any water left in the Lake Buffalo near Myrtleford in Victoria. It is predicted to empty within a month."

2nd Place
Allen Hart for the Discovery's Final Approach . Sharp, good exposure & nicely composed, with good title and captions indicating when and where.

3rd
Jarek M
Not a pretty image but with caption tells the story well of effects of fire.

Melbourne is covered with smoke form the bush fires in the North-East of Victoria. It is just before midday but it looks as if it was late evening. There is smell of smoke in the air, visibility is poor and light has this sickly yellowish tint. I am looking down the Yarra River from the Princess Bridge. Melbourne Cricket Ground is only a kilometer or so to the East, but is hardly visible in the smoky haze.

HM in no particular order...
Ken Zaret
Nice human interest image, great angle & position of the street performer/rollerbladder in Paris, crowd in background adds to the story

HM
Love the expression, motion of Stanley Clarke at the Jazz Fest. Nice capture.

HM
Gill Kopy

"About 1,000 Roman Catholics from all over descend on Fraser Lake, B.C. for the Rose Prince annual pilgrimage."

Again thanks to all for the great submissions. Jerek it's over to you.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

allen_hart

Re: 404th Show & Tell Competition: Journalism - WINNER

Post Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:13 am

Congratulations to all the winners.

Thanks for the second place!

jarekm

404th Show & Tell Competition: Journalism - WINNER

Post Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:20 am

Thank you very much for choosing my pictures, it is a great honour to be recognised this way.
Now to a non-trivial task of selecting a theme for the next contest...
Jarek

Board index PBase Show and Tell 404th Show & Tell Competition: Journalism - WINNER