Board index PBase Show and Tell 376th Show & Tell Competition: FALL - WINNER

Show and Tell

376th Show & Tell Competition: FALL - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
terrybowker

stevemaz

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Thank you all for participating in this contest and voting! We had over 50% participation in the vote. Here are the results based on the votes cast.

**First Place **

Szczepan (Stevemaz) Dargo Hotel

Strong composition with great fall colors and nice depth of field. Congratulations Steve!

*Second Place*

Markus Grompe Dreamy Woods

Third Place

Tom Sherry Morning Commute

Congratulations to all of the winners! I can tell you that I really like the idea of voting by the participants of the contest. I wish we could have this automated in some way.

Terry

irislynx

Re: 376th Show & Tell Competition: FALL - WINNER

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Great choices and Congrats to all the winners!!

mclew

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Congratulations to the winners... all beautiful fall scenes! Terry, this was a good idea and it was fun to see the choices that resulted from our votes. I see two photos that were among my choices.

I am curious, did you make a personal selection too? How did it coincide with the popular vote?

Margaret Lew

gillk

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Great winning shots !! Congratulations. !!
I would just like to add that I'm not keen on the popular vote, only because when I have been in the position of choosing a winner it has taken me a considerable amount of time - which I don't have on a weekly basis. I doubt that I would participate.
Gill

luxun54

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Excellent choices all!

But I would also agree with Gill, and am not a fan of crowdsourcing the winners... part of the enjoyment of this forum for me is seeing and learning from the different perspective and comments and preferences of each individual who wins and then chooses winners. I would hope not to lose that, and would not like to see this drift into a weekly "most popular photo" contest.

terrybowker

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Points well taken about voting, thanks to everyone for the input. I thought it would be worth a try to change things up a bit, but I do understand the lack of interest in this process moving in the direction of a popularity contest.

Margaret I did not cast a vote.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Terry

fishit

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 pm

All good choices Terry congrats the winners

stevemaz

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanx Terry for selecting my photo.
I'm in the camp of leaving judging to the host of the competition with all the vagaries of our individual tasts and preferences:)

Board index PBase Show and Tell 376th Show & Tell Competition: FALL - WINNER