Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNER OF THE 373RD SHOW AND TELL COMPETITION:WATERDROPS/BEADS

Show and Tell

WINNER OF THE 373RD SHOW AND TELL COMPETITION:WATERDROPS/BEADS

Announce and discuss your photos.
irislynx

WINNER OF THE 373RD SHOW AND TELL COMPETITION:WATERDROPS/BEADS

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:00 pm

WINNER OF THE WATER DROPS/BEADS CONTEST ..............

First of all, I would like to say "Thank You " to all who entered!! Nice photos from all!! ~ And my Opologies for not gettiing this contest to function right, Hopefully , The the winner can do a better job with the next contest. Though there were not a really lot of entries, It was hard to choose betwee them, They were all nice entries and I enjoyed seeing them all!

Starting with the Honorable Mentions ...

jcdefreitas, I really liked the reflection in the water drops, Interesting and Unique in it's own way!

yaron koler, Love the spray / movement of drops around the heron, Wish this image could have be seen in a larger size, It has nice composition and was a nice capture!

Arnie Peterschmidt , Love the mood this image reflects with the drops , I think it was a good choice to do in B&W, It really adds to the suptle mood of the image!

Aaron Zeitler , Nice image! ~ Reminds me of an indian chest plate made of silver beads, Very Unique!

Margaret Lew, Simple and Beautiful! Nice Vivid color, Great to see the drops all along the edge of the leaf and love the clarity of the reflection of the drops along the edges! Nicely done!

THIRD PLACE : Pawel Kazmierczyk, This image shows the water drops as the main focas and the blurred background really helped bring the drops out! Nicely done!

SECOND PLACE ... Markus Grompe, The water drops are a definate focal point in this image and love how the drops gravitate from clear to black and still show reflective ligh within!! Very captivating, And nicely done!

FIRST PLACE AND WINNER: Walter Otto Koenig ! ... It was hard to pick between that Beautiful Rose image and this one , But, This one definately has the Drops as the focal point! The circle of the drops on the back can be seen through the sheerness of the bloom, The drops on the front look like they have some drops on top of drops and the clear drops have a nice reflection of the green from the background, The strip of yellow adds a pleasing feel of delicatesy to the image and the simplicity of composition was very nicely done!! Great Image!

Congrats to All who placed!! And " Thankyou" to All who entered, You All had very nice images! .. All Yours Walter! ....

mclew

Re: WINNER OF THE 373RD SHOW AND TELL COMPETITION:WATERDROPS/BEADS

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Congratulations to Walter, Markus and Pawel, and all the HM's. Thanks for including my rose leaf among the HM's! And it was a welcome break from our very dry California weather to look through these photos of beautiful water drops!
Margaret

peterschmidtab

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:19 am

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for the HM and nice comments.

fishit

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:49 am

All good choices congrats to the winners and honorable mentions.

jcdefreitas

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks for the HM and congratulations to the winners and all participants.
John de Freitas

irislynx

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Your all Welcome! You all had some really nice images!! ~ Fishit TY!

amoxtli

Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:57 am

Many thanks for First Place, an honor for me with so many great submissions for this well chosen subject. For my image I was fortunate to have both soft light and soft rain on the morning I took the photograph.
I emailed Emily to inform her that the S&T Competition does not seem to be working properly, and that new competitions are not appearing at the top of the forum. As I have not received an answer from her, I will attempt to post the next competition shortly regardless. Hopefully it will work,
Best Regards,
Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

irislynx

Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:40 pm

Your very Welcome!! It is a great image , Thank you for posting and entering, I enjoyed seeing the images ( And still really love that rose image you had - Beautiful Image!!!) I tried writing about the problem with the contest not working right also, But, Did not get a response so did the best I could at posting in the only way I knew how, I hope it gets straightened out along the way, By the way, Great theme you picked for the next competition!! :)

Board index PBase Show and Tell WINNER OF THE 373RD SHOW AND TELL COMPETITION:WATERDROPS/BEADS