Board index PBase Show and Tell 369th Show & Tell Competition: Heat - WINNER

Show and Tell

369th Show & Tell Competition: Heat - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
allen_hart

pegsam

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:52 am

As always the group provided a wonderful set of images for the topic. I enjoyed the varied interpretations. As I expected, fire was a pretty frequent choice as the way to interpret the theme of heat, and most of my choices come from those.

First a couple honorable mentions:

Gill Kopy

Made me think of times I've sat in front of a camp fire on a cool night and felt the heat of the flames.

Pawel Kazmierczyk

I found this one fascinating. The shapes and colors inside the flame are very interesting.

3rd Place - Walter Otto Koenig

I enjoyed this one for the different interpretation of heat. I just love the colors, the action, the texture. Very nice image.

2nd Place - Arnie Peterschmidt

This one just really got my attention. I like the varied shapes of the pieces of wood, the glowing coals, and the streaks from the embers floating up from the fire.

1st Place - Sam Rua

I love sunset shots with some of the sun just below the horizon where the disc of the sun looks so huge, but this one is amazing. It took some planning and good timing to make this image. And though it is not a fire shot, it sure looks like there is a fire burning under the dish of the telescope. Definitely gives a feeling of intense heat.

Thanks again to everyone who submitted images. It was a real challenge making the choices.

peterschmidtab

Re: 369th Show & Tell Competition: Heat - WINNER

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:52 am

Great choice for winning image, thank you for second place and an interesting theme.

gillk

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:32 am

Love that winning shot too - great choice. Neat topic and so many interesting interpretations - congratulations to the winners - and a big thank you for an HM. Gill

fishit

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:04 am

Great choice, congrats to all the winners and mentions.

kazmierczyk

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 am

congratulations to the winners, and big thumbs up for the winning shot - which also for me was a hands down prize winner. Well done, and thanks for an interesting topic.

pegsam

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:37 pm

Thank you very much for selecting my shot as the winner. There were a lot of great entries --- and congrats to all of the winners and HM's. I'll get a new theme started here soon.

jcdefreitas

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Congratulations to Sam for the stunning photograph and also to all winners.
Great contest and entries. Well done..........
John de Freitas

amoxtli

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:22 am

Great topic that elicited a a nice variety of images. Congrats to the winners, HM's and all participants and many thanks for third place.
Regards,
Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

Board index PBase Show and Tell 369th Show & Tell Competition: Heat - WINNER