Board index PBase Show and Tell 354th Show & Tell Competition: Bicycles - WINNER

Show and Tell

354th Show & Tell Competition: Bicycles - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
peterschmidtab

mt_wallet

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:03 am

First of all a thank you to everyone who took the time to enter this contest. I enjoy these competitions very much and find them interesting and inspiring because of the variety and quality of the images submitted. There are a number of excellent photos entered and I found it necessary to look for ways to narrow the number of potential winners. I gave significant weight to photographs that clearly presented bicycles as the subject.
Arnie Peterschmidt

Honorable mentions are:
Brilliant image of gleaming new bicycle components by Markus Grompe

Nice use of depth of field in this image by Vijay.

Alla Gilbourd found this unique bicycle in the Netherlands. I would love to have seen the owner riding it.

This bicycle is the owner's engine of commerce, an excellent capture by Terry Bowker

Third Place: Chris Lock with Off to work in Shijiazhuang. Great morning light. The composition leads the eye through the stream of cyclists starting their day. The cyclists look like a cross section of the community.

Second Place: Markus Grompe with an excellent racing action shot. The frame is filled with racers streaming around the velodrome at speed. The racers attitude on the steeply banked curve behind the leaders gives a sense of speed even though the action is frozen with a high shutter speed.

First Place: Wayne Brasch with Lucca, Tuscany, Italy. A simple and superbly composed black and white photo. Congratulations Wayne!

mt_wallet

Re: 354th Show & Tell Competition: Bicycles - WINNER

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 am

Thank you very much for this privilege, I am very grateful for your kind consideration of my images. There where many very worthy photos to chose from. All the best and kindest regards to all.
Wayne

terrybowker

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:01 am

Congratulations to Wayne and the other winners! Thanks for the HM! :)

Terry

kzaret

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Interesting topic and great choices for winners.

christophertravels

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Thanks for the third place vote. And congratulations to the winner.

I look forward to the next contest.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 354th Show & Tell Competition: Bicycles - WINNER