Board index PBase Show and Tell 352nd Show & Tell Competition: Three of them - WINNER

Show and Tell

352nd Show & Tell Competition: Three of them - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
lambsfeathers

grompem

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:42 am

It would be good to have a system of judging photographs with points allotted for composition, originality, image quality, etc.— along the same lines as wines are judged, or new cars, or pizza. It proved beyond me to do it that way; these were judged purely according to how pleased I would have been if I had produced them myself. So there is a large measure of bias and personal preference intruding here; I am an old man, and Australian.

Here is an honourable mention, which I liked because it is quirky. The feet are close together, the bodies pointing in different directions like hands on a clock, and the viewer has little idea what is going on:

Another honourable mention, a picture successfully simplified by removing everything unnecessary to the pattern:

And here is a simple subject that would have escaped the notice of somebody who doesn't use a camera, turned into a delightful pattern of three.

The first three I think are stand-outs. My choice of the placings is more or less arbitrary.
Third place goes to a picture where everything is in the right place, and the subject matter made me wish I had been there:

Second place to very special flower picture. Flower pictures look easy, but here the camera has been used very skilfully to produce a spectacularly lovely image:

First place I picked as soon as I saw it. I don't know how it was done, but it is beautiful and could only have been achieved by a real artist:

kzaret

Re: 352nd Show & Tell Competition: Three of them - WINNER

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Beautiful winning shot by Markus Grompe.

luxun54

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Thank you for the HM, and for choosing such an interesting topic. Great choice of winning photos!

terrybowker

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Congratulation to Markus and the other winners! Great selection for the winner :)

Cheers,

Terry

vj4000

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Thank You Paul for the comment and third place. Congratulations to everyone for participating. Great choice of the winner and second place.
Best Regards
Vijay

Board index PBase Show and Tell 352nd Show & Tell Competition: Three of them - WINNER