Board index PBase Show and Tell 344th Show & Tell Competition: Lights - Holiday and All Other Types - WINNER

Show and Tell

344th Show & Tell Competition: Lights - Holiday and All Other Types - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
fishit

344th Show & Tell Competition: Lights - Holiday and All Other Types - WINNER

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:16 am

Sorry for the delay I could not locate the winners name in the automated drop down

It is very hard to choose the picture a winner in most of these contests. I have had the honor of winning a contest before.
I looked at each and every picture entered in the large size at least once if not more. Everyone had some quality work for this theme.
So here are the folks that presented something that caught my eye, congrats to everyone whom entered.

Mr. Smith you are this contest winner Jim Smith

Honorable Mention Walter you never stop impressing me.

Honorable Mention - Margaret the pictue was a good idea for the contest, well done.

Honorable Mention - aldeca this is a unique view of the momument.

Honorable Mention - Peter the picture is a good holiday light capture.

Honorable Mention - Marisa you picture is warm and inviting.

The Honorable Mentions are in no order, all were to close call.

3rd Place Flo perfecting timing and exposure.

2nd Place Markus a well seen capture right under your feet.

1st Place - Jim the combo of natural and electric light in the same scene wins the contest.

mardoli

Re: 344th Show & Tell Competition: Lights - Holiday and All Other Types - WINNER

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:12 am

I absolutely agree with the photo you chose as winner.
I love it and I had the same impression of great choice of natural and electric sources of light.
Ah, by the way, thank you for appreciating a photo of mine as well.
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

cits_4_pets

Re: 344th Show & Tell Competition: Lights - Holiday and All Other Types - WINNER

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:24 am

Great winning image, great light, exposure and composition. Some great creative images submitted. Thank you for the interesting subject & glad you enjoyed my image.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

smithjim500

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:12 pm

What an honor to have my photograph picked out of so many great and imaginative images. Thank you Dennis.

I'll have a new contest posted shortly.

Jim

amoxtli

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Cool choice of topic and excellent submissions. Thanks for the HM. Agree with your choice of winner Dennis.

Regards,

Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

mclew

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks for including my urban lights among your choices!
I agree with your method, too. Seeing the photos in original size is the way to really appreciate the nuances that can be lost in small versions of even the best shots.
Margaret Lew

terrybowker

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:04 am

Congratulations to Jim and the other winners! Very nice contest Dennis and a fine selection of winners!

Cheers

Terry

peterschmidtab

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:17 pm

A fun theme and a nice variety of images. Thank you for the HM.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 344th Show & Tell Competition: Lights - Holiday and All Other Types - WINNER