Board index PBase Show and Tell 341st Show & Tell Competition: Up close: jewelry and decorative trinkets - WINNER

Show and Tell

341st Show & Tell Competition: Up close: jewelry and decorative trinkets - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
dapascha

a_zeitler

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Hey guys, thank you everyone for joining in. All the different shots should give me some good inspiration for my own work!

Straight to the results:

1 Honorable Mention:

By Maaike Huizer - A simple but effective image, almost abstract but still a little seductive as well...

3rd place:

By Ken Zaret - Among all the different colored beads, this photo cleverly selects just one bowl for it's focus, making them really stand out both as a solitary object but also as representative for all the other bowls. I like the contrast between the different colors and the soft brown wood as a background.

2nd place:

By Markus Grompe - A classic! Both the item and the presentation are very classy and traditional. A gold watch resting on blue fabric, it just works! I like how the focus is nicely restricted to the clock face, and the reflection in the cover.

1st place:

By Aaron Zeitler - This could be straight out of a magazine printed somewhere in the eighties, it's something with the colors and the sheer opulence on display. That's a big rock! The ring seems placed a little too much to the upper right, but the multiple reflections in the glass balance it out nicely and also make it a little more interesting that a single, perfect reflection would have been. I like the abstract background!

So there it is, congratulations Aaron and we'll look forward to the next competition!

larpman

Re: 341st Show & Tell Competition: Up close: jewelry and decorative trinkets - WINNER

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Congratulations to all.

kzaret

Re: 341st Show & Tell Competition: Up close: jewelry and decorative trinkets - WINNER

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:50 pm

Thanks for the third place! An interesting topic and great choice for 2nd and winner.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 341st Show & Tell Competition: Up close: jewelry and decorative trinkets - WINNER