Board index PBase Show and Tell My first range-finder type, for street photography.

Show and Tell

My first range-finder type, for street photography.

Announce and discuss your photos.
genghis45

My first range-finder type, for street photography.

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:17 am

Up until now, I'd been exclusively, a Nikon user. However, my latest camera, a Fujifilm X-Pro1, has been a revelation. In short, it is just a wonderful instrument. I find myself using it exclusively now. See following comments for more.

genghis45

Re: My first range-finder type, for street photography.

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:20 am

I'm using my X-Pro1, with Fuji's 18mm f/2 lens, just a great pancake lens. As is my custom, I still use manual exposure and manual focus. In this case, using zone focus utilizing the distance scale inside the viewfinder display (the lens doesn't have a distance scale).

genghis45

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:26 am

The files from my X-Pro1, which I shoot straight JPEG without any in-camera sharpening, are wonderful. I also don't apply any unsharp masking or any other type of sharpening in post-processing---the files are that good and that sharp.

"YER A REGULAR RIOT, ALICE"

genghis45

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:27 am

Another X-Pro1 image. See how sharp it is without sharpening?

"PATRICIAN"

genghis45

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:30 am

All these images are the first pictures I've taken with the X-Pro1 (I started using it three days ago). This one I took yesterday, on the way to work.

"PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE HUMAN"

genghis45

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:33 am

Here's an X-Pro1 image using zone focus, where I set the distance scale at 6 feet in the camera's viewfinder, because I set myself 6 feet from where the woman was sitting. More pictures to come in my "STREET PHOTOGRAPHY" thread.

"SAY A PRAYER FOR PEACE"

Board index PBase Show and Tell My first range-finder type, for street photography.