Board index PBase Show and Tell Can I get a little feedback on some photoshop stuff please?

Show and Tell

Can I get a little feedback on some photoshop stuff please?

Announce and discuss your photos.
minoltaman

Can I get a little feedback on some photoshop stuff please?

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:58 am

Galleries of artistic ps manips from around the world. Thanks and enjoy.

http://www.pbase.com/minoltaman/retouchprochallenges
Last edited by minoltaman on Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:17 am, edited 7 times in total.

tokrot

Re: Can I get a little feed back on some photoshop stuff ple

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:53 am

minoltaman wrote:Gallery of artistic ps manips from around the world. Thanks

http://www.pbase.com/minoltaman/retouchpro_challenges

Simply AWESOME!! :shock:

mrfixit

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:33 pm

I've noticed several pbase galleries that are using dimmed out thumbnail photos until your mouse cursor is on top of the photo. I find this to be quite distracting. Would you want to walk into an art gallery only to find that the room is darkened until you walk right up to the photo? On the other hand, the artistic manipulations of the photos were quite good.

minoltaman

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:10 pm

Thank you much for the replies on the artwork and the comment on the stylesheet. I am torn on this style of web page. I like the layout and style the roll-over light uop effect is a 'bonus' I guess. I am sure it will turn some off and others will think it is cool. Time will tell I suppose. Any other takers on the pics or page layout?

Thanks again for taking the time.

leozwalf

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:19 pm

The pictures are brilliant, very impressed and amazed at how a real photo can be made to look like an oil painting thru using computer software!

I have to agree on the comment about the dimmed out TN's, its a bit of a shame becuase the rest of that style sheet is very good.

Keep up the good work :)
Leo Zwalf
Pinner, Middlesex
England

minoltaman

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:11 pm

Thanks Leo. Thes are the only two negative comments I have had about the dimmed thumbnails. Maybe I should pose the question within the galleries? I am still not sure yet....Glad you liked the 'paintings'. Thanks again.

jchambers

Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:34 am

Well, this is a third :wink:

I also find that dimmed style sheet to be rather distracting.

But, that aside, there is nothing to question about your photography, whether natural or photoshop. Simply stunning. Great work and thanks for sharing.

minoltaman

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:36 am

Ok. Maybe I should have asked for a critique on the style sheet as it does seem to annoy a few. Any more thoughts on the webdev sheet? Thanks for the comments on my pics.
Last edited by minoltaman on Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

rach1966

not sure that I like the dimmed style sheet either

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:44 am

but the pics are nice, after I finally move the mouse over them to see the pics, great job on them.

Rachel

flashboy99

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:48 am

my fav's are San Marcos on page 1 and Hotel in Valides on page 2, seems like paintings to me.... and the landscapes seem better suited for this style, to me anyways....

I dont mind the style sheet, but it would be cool to present the images in a more "classic" style sheet, as to enchance that "museum feel" a different way to present them I guess....

minoltaman

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:47 pm

Thanks Flash and Rachel. I changed the style sheet. I think it looks better overall. Lots of colour now.

rach1966

much better

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:42 pm

when you can look at all the pics at once and see all the color.

Rachel
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

minoltaman

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:32 am

I do like the display of colour and the lighter weight pages. I still like that webdev for some reason though. Anyone reading this know how to change that sheet so the pics stay lit all of the time?

minoltaman

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:22 pm

Ok, I removed the hover dimming and border effects from he webdev sheet. The page seems to look better now. Loads faster and you can see the bright colours. I have not changed all of the galleries to the modified webdev yet. Just the small sports world gallery. I might change them all, but I understand the webdev style sheet does not view well with off IE brand browsers like Mozilla. I guess I still don't know which way to go. Any opinions?

ugot2bkdng

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:16 pm

Don,

I checked the main gallery page in Mozilla and it looks the same to me. I have not viewed all of the pages yet; however, there are a few typos that are distracting to me anyway. :-)

My personal preference is without the dimming.

Chuck

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell Can I get a little feedback on some photoshop stuff please?