Board index PBase Show and Tell EXIF data of your pictures

Show and Tell

EXIF data of your pictures

Announce and discuss your photos.
altofran

EXIF data of your pictures

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:30 pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to bring a point regarding EXIF data. I enjoy watching many of the pictures on PBASE and it is very helpful for learning persons (like me) to have the EXIF data available:

1. To check the shootings conditions of some of beautiful pictures and improve settings of the pictures we take.
2. To allow comparison between different cameras for those who would like to see samples before buying a new one.

So if everyone could keep the EXIF data in the picture, it would be great!

Thanks

minoltaman

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:31 pm

millions of pictures here at pbase already have the exif data attached, personally, I choose not to display my exif data.

and if people use ps for pp and use save for web for as the jpg option it strips the exif data automatically anyway

cheers

altofran

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:35 pm

minoltaman wrote:millions of pictures here at pbase already have the exif data attached

cheers

Hi Don,

I know that, but if would be better if more than a half have the EXIF! :) For example, your cool Fireworks Extravaganze! :)

http://www.pbase.com/minoltaman/fireworks_
Nice shots by the way!!!

Have a good day!

minoltaman

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:38 pm

Thanks for the comment. :)

1.5 to 3sec exposure time f8 or 9.5 on a digital. tripod, remote shutter release, tripod, autowhitebalance and manual focus. I did not spot meter either. The big blasts at the end can be different when at prety close range, sometimes you need to add a filter to reduce the chance of overexposure on the big closing blasts.

hope that helps

Board index PBase Show and Tell EXIF data of your pictures