Board index PBase Show and Tell USS Carrier Kitty Hawk

Show and Tell

USS Carrier Kitty Hawk

Announce and discuss your photos.
littlebabylon

USS Carrier Kitty Hawk

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:09 pm

just upload a set of F90x black and white images where taken on the board of USS carrier Kitty Hawk. a 24 images gallery, have a look if you have time, tks.

http://www.pbase.com/littlebabylon/kh

rgds
--
Kevin

minoltaman

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:14 pm

Cool..I used to have a friend on the kittyhawk. Some time ago I wwas an Et on the USS Leahy, a guided missle cruiser, the Carl Vincent was the carrier in our battle group. A quite new ship compared to the relicish kittyhawk.

Anyhoo, good shots and thanks for posting.

Cheers
Last edited by minoltaman on Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

germangal

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:14 pm

Cool Pics dude!!!!!!!!!

ultraweaver

Post Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:23 pm

Great Photos!

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:57 am

nice work. i like the black and white.

here's a few random snapshots of the Constellation CV64 of the same vintage as the Kitty Hawk.
my sister took these during her two-year fun-filled cruise in 2001-2002
http://www.pbase.com/cjo/cv64

-slug

minoltaman

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:30 pm

two-year fun-filled cruise

lol Never had that pleasure, but back around '85 I did a two or three month rimpac, then 4 days in port, then off for a 6 month westpac. 4 days in in almost 9 months. It was a "fun-filled"nine months as you say.... My nine months took me to many of the muslem countries we are doing biz with/fighting today. We displayed for the Sultan of Oman, visited Pakistan, the Maldives, PI, just to name a few. We were checking some suni's out to say the least. I did get to spend christmas/new years in Austraila towards the end of the westpac. It was one of the "friendlier" countries I had the pleasure of visiting on that cruise.

My sister once spent two yeras in the Marines with zero leave days. She was not "fun-filled" either. lol Anyway, I did'nt shoot pics in my Navy days, too busy getting messed up when I was in port. Wish I had done differently back then that is for sure. So thanks for posting those pics. My ship was CG-16 a Very old converted frigate ported at pier 5 or 6 in SD. back then. Yup, a frigate converted to a guided missle cruiser. Small, cramped, and old.

OK, I'm done now.

Cheers

gillettecraig

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:57 am

Join the Navy and see the world! I had some EWs (and maybe some ETs- it's been a while) from the Leahy tdy to my division on the Lockwood, when homeported in Yokosuka and operating all around the 7th Fleet areas. I expect you'd heard of the incident. "I'd like a Leahy on the rocks." was a popular way to start a fight in the clubs at the time. I had spent some training time on the King, which I believe was a sister ship or at least similar to the Leahy as well.

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:11 am

You don't say!

Yup, I know about the Leahy runnin aground in Japan, I did'nt hit Yokosuka cuz that event/drink, we went to Sasebo when we came through. I know some people that did that cruise though.

Even though that is a famous Leahy story I could tell you things that would seem scary crazy now from our cruise. Anyway, I can't say as I remember the king. It was not our sistership when I did my one tour. I think the first ageis class or something the vincinnes was. We were the flagship and I was the link11 technician onboard.

Yup....see the world I did, 11 countries/territories or so. Most of what I saw was wild and crazy stuff.

I don't know if you can still get the drink anywhere in Japan but it sure is funny how it is known "worldwide" or something like that.

Thanks for posting and stay out of the fights.

Cheers

Board index PBase Show and Tell USS Carrier Kitty Hawk