Board index PBase Show and Tell First images - Christmas portraits of dogs

Show and Tell

First images - Christmas portraits of dogs

Announce and discuss your photos.
shadepuppy

First images - Christmas portraits of dogs

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:24 am

Find out whether I am successful or not at making holiday portraits of my dogs.
Hint: you have to be smarter than your subject. :lol:

http://www.pbase.com/shadepuppy/companion_animals

ugot2bkdng

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:01 pm

Cute CJ.

Personally, I prefer dogs to cats. Cats are too hard to take for a walk.
:D
Chuck

mpdequalsyfsm

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:37 pm

Oh! I can relate to this topic!!! My sister, husband and I did "Pet Photos's with Santa" this year at our local shelter.....yes we where the phototakers! HaHaHa

The long and shourt of it is ---my husband is the better photographer....

These lovely dogs are precious and it is a very nice holiday shot! --- boy do I know how hard that is!

shadepuppy

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:11 am

Chuck -- I've had several cats over the years (and one right now) that loves to go on walks with the dogs. You're right -- it is harder; we can't go very far when he's with us for fear he'll get scared off by someone and get lost. But he loves going -- he's loose and the dogs are on leashes! :)

Jill, I'm glad you think they are lovely -- they are, and they think so too! ;)The 'Pet Photos with Santa' at the shelter is a wonderful idea, and I hope it helped generate enough interest to get more into new homes. I have a very bad photo of one of my now deceased dogs with Santa -- this dog was very assertive in other situations, but he was scared of Santa and wouldn't pose at all. It's still a great momento of him tho.

mpdequalsyfsm

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:19 am

shadepuppy - Let me just say we had a "few" of those at the shoot!

My husband is very good and fast with the camera --- he got great shots of even the most terrified, angry, not Santa happy dogs --- and I might add cats that showed up that day also (I'll take a dog photo over a cat any day!).

All in all the shelter made a nice amount of money --- all goes to the animals as we donated everything, paper, ink, inserts and time...... ah the best gift of all was seeing the alumni come in for pics!!!!

For anyone interested in adopting or maybe voluntering your serves a great spot to check is:

http://www.petfinder.org

Board index PBase Show and Tell First images - Christmas portraits of dogs