Board index PBase Show and Tell A Persian Gulf Christmas

Show and Tell

A Persian Gulf Christmas

Announce and discuss your photos.
bmcmorrow

A Persian Gulf Christmas

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:39 pm

Christmas on the Persian Gulf...you wouldn't think much would be happening, but this is Dubai, which breaks all Middle Eastern stereotypes. They've gone all out for Christmas here, at least in the shopping malls, of which there are many. Here's a selection of what I found around the Emirate. This gallery is dedicated to all those Americans who protested the USA issuing a commemerative postage stamp for the Muslim festival of Eid.

http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow

mpdequalsyfsm

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:03 pm

Very interesting pictures, you are correct they go all out for the holidays.

Enjoyed the visit.

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:40 am

Brings back memories. I sailed that area of the world in the 80's while the big boys were negotiating deals with the sultans as the contract for the pi bases was almost a certainty not to be renewed. We gaffed in front of the sultan of oman when we were parading for him one time and almost made an international ordeal. Anyway, I remember eating alot of fruits and stuff from the UAE and Oman and other nearby countries while I was doing my cruise there. I was touring suni-muslem countries at the time with the US Navy. Lucky for me, I think, on that cruise we sailed out of the gulf and ended us spending xmas and new years in Austrailia.

Merry Christmas

Board index PBase Show and Tell A Persian Gulf Christmas