Board index PBase Show and Tell Updated wild hawk gallery - enjoy

Show and Tell

Updated wild hawk gallery - enjoy

Announce and discuss your photos.
gaocus

Updated wild hawk gallery - enjoy

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:36 am

Added some from todays shoot of a red-tailed trying to nail a field-mouse and missing. At bottom of my hawk gallery. - Gene

darter02

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:52 am

Wow! Image
You keep shooting those cool shots with that 100-400 lense, especially like that one hawk1b! Every time I see a shot like that I am both thrilled and jealous! LOL Plus, each great shot done by you is another example I can show as to why I need to buy this lense. :wink:

Keep posting when you update please. I really enjoy these kind of photos.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

annayu

Hawks

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:57 am

Gene, your hawk gallery is easily one of the best galleries on pbase and I go there regularly to check out new additions.
Cheers and holiday greetings/Anna

jchambers

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:10 pm

Beautiful photo's. What lenses do you use for these shots. it seems that some of them have quite some reach.

gaocus

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:06 pm

darter02 wrote:Wow! Image
You keep shooting those cool shots with that 100-400 lense, especially like that one hawk1b! Every time I see a shot like that I am both thrilled and jealous! LOL Plus, each great shot done by you is another example I can show as to why I need to buy this lense. :wink:

Keep posting when you update please. I really enjoy these kind of photos.

Thanks and will do. Maybe this guy will keep me busy during the winter :)

gaocus

Re: Hawks

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:08 pm

annayu2 wrote:Gene, your hawk gallery is easily one of the best galleries on pbase and I go there regularly to check out new additions.
Cheers and holiday greetings/Anna

Thanks Anna, and thanks again for your comments on my galleries. Happy holidays to you and yours too!

gaocus

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:11 pm

jchambers wrote:Beautiful photo's. What lenses do you use for these shots. it seems that some of them have quite some reach.

Thanks! I used the Canon 100-400L IS on a 10D (which gives it an additional 1.6x factor). Even so I was pretty darn close, ranging from 1.5 to 8 meters, my guess, for the last seies of shots.

gaocus

New images added 12/21

Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:35 pm

Added close-ups of a young adult red-tailed.

pstewart

Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:48 pm

You are using the Canon 100-400L IS on a 10D. I have the Canon 75-300 IS for my Canon DR EOS. How do you get it to go farther than the numbers indicate...or does it automatically do that?

I love all your galleries...some of the best bird pics anywhere. I can't wait to try some birds, but not too many around in winter. :(

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:53 pm

If I understand your question correctly.

You are using the Canon 100-400L IS on a 10D. I have the Canon 75-300 IS for my Canon DR EOS. How do you get it to go farther than the numbers indicate...or does it automatically do that?

The sensor is not full frame. Thus the 1.6x factor.

Board index PBase Show and Tell Updated wild hawk gallery - enjoy