Board index PBase Show and Tell New(bie) Pbase User @ Work: comments welcome! ;)

Show and Tell

New(bie) Pbase User @ Work: comments welcome! ;)

Announce and discuss your photos.
omero

New(bie) Pbase User @ Work: comments welcome! ;)

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:25 am

I'm just a newbie digital photographer from Italy, and I'm trying hard to improve my techniques and inspiration (which I lack tremendously, but I'm trying to fix this).

I've had a Fujifilm F601Z for over 2 years, it's been a good machine for my skills, and helped me experimenting a bit (a few manual controls, WB, etc...), but it is too ankward to go "full manual", so I recently decided to switch to a G5.

I'm ready for the big leap (full manual + external flash + filters), and I've just bought a G5 Pro (with 1 gb Microdrive so I can take RAW), with a spare canon battery, a Canon Speedlite 420EX flash, lensmate 52mm adapter, Hoya Ultra Pro 1 UV Filter, and Hoya Ultra Pro 1 Circular Polarizer.

No photos taken with the new baby yet, so have a look at my old fuji photos... comments are welcome, especially when they are costructive critics! ;)

http://www.pbase.com/omero/

Thanks in advance ^_^
Last edited by omero on Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

ilanphoto

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:44 am

Welcome to Pbase
You don't have much to go on so keep posting. There are some that are good and interesting. I especially like the close up of the eyes but ot is much TOOOOOOO big. You should down size to 800 x 600 Pix before uploading cause it takes much too long to open and I have to scrall from side to side. It is also eating up all of your disk space I think about 125 -200K will give excelent results as well. Moreover, just the eye is the size of my head :o)
I have someting similar http://www.pbase.com/image/24067163.jpg

Keep on shooting
Ilan

omero

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:53 am

ilanphoto wrote:Welcome to Pbase
You don't have much to go on so keep posting. There are some that are good and interesting. I especially like the close up of the eyes but ot is much TOOOOOOO big. You should down size to 800 x 600 Pix before uploading cause it takes much too long to open and I have to scrall from side to side. It is also eating up all of your disk space I think about 125 -200K will give excelent results as well. Moreover, just the eye is the size of my head :o)
I have someting similar http://www.pbase.com/image/24067163.jpg

Keep on shooting
Ilan

Thanks for the feedback Ilan, it's really appreciated :)

Yes I know I just uploaded a bunch of photos, and they are surely too big (the eyes one was taken @ 6MP on my Fuji), but I was just "trying it up", so I just uploaded the pics straight from my HD without any resampling or compression...I'm a lazy bum you know ;)

I'll convert and repost them later... in the meanwhile you can have a look at them in "large" thumbnail format... looks quite good :)

About the comments: I especially love the eyes one as well, it's my favorite, and the only "real" photo I guess... the others are pretty much standard.

Suggestion to improve myself are welcome, so thanks for everything and for the "welcome" ;)

P.s. I've had a quick look at your galleries, and geez... I have a long way to go... and I'm happy :D

omero

Re: New(bie) Pbase User @ Work: comments welcome! ;)

Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:07 pm

BUMP! ;)

Board index PBase Show and Tell New(bie) Pbase User @ Work: comments welcome! ;)