Board index PBase Show and Tell I really like this site

Show and Tell

I really like this site

Announce and discuss your photos.
dsanders6

I really like this site

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:18 am

I have been shooting pictures since I was a kid. My dad had some cool stuff, but never used it. For some reason he allowed me to 'play' with his cameras. That got me started and hooked. I shot bw for a long time since he had the developing equipment as well. They were really bad! LOL But I liked it so much I just kept it up.

I never took any formal courses in photography, part of the fun was just learning on my own. When my dad passed on I got his Nikon FM camera, still have it today. Will never part with it. Nikon is lucky in that respect cause if I didn't still have his camera and lenses I would have switched to Canon years ago. But we all know the camera bodies are just light boxes and that the lenses are really what counts. I could go on and on. 25 years of shooting can bore the young so I will quit.

This site is so amazing. It allows you to post your pictures and let the whole world see them. I like photogrpahing people. Guys don't like their picture taken very much, so most of my pictures are of women. But I like shooting people period. Their isn't much about nature that interests me with the camera, nor am I good at photographing nature. I don't see what others see and put on film when it comes to that sort of photography. But people photography is what I like. I like shooting pictures of people playing and having fun. This site allows me to share this with everyone who knows about this site. Feeling a little sentimental right now------------Thanks Slug. I know we don't know each other, but I get it from a good source that you are a good guy. And this service that you have created is A+ in my book. Keep up the great work. I hope there are more who appreciate this site as much as I do.

pstewart

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:36 am

I agree...great place! Good thing you take pics of women, since those galleries appear to be quite popular here...LOL!

toml1016

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:45 am

Yea...Best site ever.
Now I can never live without pbase. :oops:

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:50 am

Now I can never live without pbase. :oops:

You can say that again. :!: :D

toml1016

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:28 am

minoltaman wrote:You can say that again. :!: :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: