Board index PBase Show and Tell Who would 've thought

Show and Tell

Who would 've thought

Announce and discuss your photos.
polyvios

Who would 've thought

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:45 pm

My galleries reached th 5k mark today. Thanks to all who visited.... Now any suggestions for getting to the 10k mark?

darter02

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:34 pm

Post nudes! LOL :wink:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

polyvios

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:37 pm

:oops: That would work, but people aren't really my thing when it comes to shooting.

ilanphoto

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:37 pm

from personal experience
I have flowers, abstracts and people galleries the flowers and abstract are around the 1,000 mark each gallery the people mostly dressed are in the tens of thousands so do people they seem to be more interesting.
The other suggestion is to advertise, post links to your galleries wherever they could be appreciated such as subject specific forums etc
Hope this helps
I gave you an extra count by visiting you
Ilan

Added
I just realised I posted this exactly when you posted yours so I could not read you above response

gaocus

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:12 pm

Post more pictures. You'll get hits from people browsing the recent galleries list. And if they are good, they'll come back and look the next update :)

Gene

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:20 pm

Post more pictures. You'll get hits from people browsing the recent galleries list. And if they are good, they'll come back and look the next update

I could not have said it better Gene. :arrow: It also helps to post a wide variety of interesting subjects and of course girls with or without their cloths on. Girls get big hits either way.

The mudman used to get 80,000 hits a day he says...and his counter will back those claims up. I have seen this can be true cuz I have seen almost 20,000 hits in 24 hour period before. Lately I get about 10,000-15,000 hits per day.

Good luck.

PS. Gene gave you the best advice there is I think.

ollie_jordan

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:53 am

Last edited by ollie_jordan on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:39 pm

My most popular galleries:

Girls
Harley and Hell's angels
Mustang Sally
Cats
Graffiti
Goths and punks
photoshopping autumn
greens
fish
photoshop sketches
retouchpro galleries
dripping paint
fireworks
photo-journy
street speak

The one thing in common here is no ragular animal shots, zoo shots, scenics, landscapes, flowers, sunsets or any other of the common things everyone shoots. All pretty unique except the cats and girls. Those shots I pretty large galleries of.

The length of time a gallery has been posted is not a factor. I have galleries posted for 6 months that don't do any biz. Others been here one month and the numbers are through the roof.

Yesterday I got almost 3000 views on the girls thumbnail page alone. I got hardly any on some suckier galleries that have been here forever.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Cheers

BTW..it is a lot. :)

Board index PBase Show and Tell Who would 've thought