Board index PBase Show and Tell new camera

Show and Tell

new camera

Announce and discuss your photos.
bmwgsbill

new camera

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:26 pm

I recently inherited a hasselblad 2000 fcm and although i am yet to learn how to use it, i really liked how it looks and i just started taking pictures of it. thought i would share my gallery.

http://www.pbase.com/bmwgsbill/hasselblad

thanks, bill

pstewart

Re: new camera

Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:44 am

bmwgsbill wrote:and i just started taking pictures of it.

Now that's a new twist...taking pictures OF a camera instead of WITH a camera...LOL! Beautiful old thing though isn't it?

In my day (I'm very old :)) this was the ultimate dream camera. If you must have a negative, a 2.25 size is definitely superior to 35mm. The camera I had in my youth used a 2.25 by 3.5 negative...the old old old roll film, before the days of Instamatic. We used to print the negatives directly without an enlarger for snapshots, because they were large enough. Very crisp look to them.

When smaller film cartridges came in and large roll film went out, photos suffered in quality but folks got used to it. Too bad. Now with digital we're back to progress again! I just took my first digital pic with my new Rebel a few hours ago, and couldn't believe the size and clarity of the image when I opened it in Photoshop.

Be sure to post some photos taken WITH the camera, okay? Must be easy to use since it just has basic controls...compared to these new digital monsters will all their buttons and settings...yikes!

Have fun!

Phyllis :)

Board index PBase Show and Tell new camera