Board index PBase Show and Tell FUN WITH BEER

Show and Tell

FUN WITH BEER

Announce and discuss your photos.
jchambers

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:43 pm

minoltaman wrote:
So what happened, you turned into an alcoholic and now you want it banned from everyone else including those who drink responsibly?

You need to get a life and go away. I never said any such thing. Oh yeah..you are the responsibility police. You could have prevented the drunks from killing my family members. You are one cold dude.
Are you serious?

Wrong again, your opinion was a politically based one. It wasn't based on the artistic value of the work in question, but your personal political perspective of it.

Are you crazy? I said find me one other american publication that features beer and childern. You won't. It ain't appropriate here and it ain't artistic to me. You started discusiing american/german law. You have a bad memory or what?
the Simpsons (1), duckman (2) Seinfeld (3)... need I go on further, I can keep naming them if you like. Care for a Duff?

That wasn't my point, and it is real sad that you had to see it all back to America vrs the world. My point was why an 18year old can do something as drastic as kill another man but can't have a glass of wine.

I told you this sort of discussion does not belong here. Must you continue?
So, you're the forum police eh? You know, I'm not exactly new here to pbase. I've been here more than a year and a half longer than you, and been a financial supporter since before it was required. I don't need lessons from you on what I can and can not do

And they are all good?

Nope...but all in all we are the greatest country on earth.
Have you ever "lived" in another country?

That statement you made is seriously sad.

I was questioning ONE law in your country. I wasn't putting your country down. Why are you getting all patriotic on me????

This is not the place to question American law. I told you about 5 times now..take it to the political forum.
You brought up law when you suggested that pstewart could go to jail. You brought up politics by a political opinion on her work. You brought it up here in this sub forum

What the hell has what I said got to do with a political system started in Russia in 1917??? My reference was asking does everything a child watch make the child want to emulate? How has that got anything to do with communisim

The way you down america makes me think of an idiot or a commie.
Oh, and if it has no place in the show & tell threads (and I agree this shouldn't be the place for political discussions) then why did you bring up a political opinion on the photography in the first place?

Now that is pathetic. Read my previous comments and see how "anti-American" I am. I write how beautiful your country is, I write how much I like it, and write of my American friends. If you think I am anti-american because I don't agree with one particular law and cultural attidude to do with social drinking in your country then you are surely a ham short of a sandwich.

Why don't you look here at this page: http://www.pbase.com/rhssr/after_dday
and see if my comments at the end of the gallery was "anti-american".

Year, smart comment dude.

Oh, and do you have any idea what communisim is?

You are so full of garbage. Reread my first post hot shot. Nothing polical period.
I did, and you made a clear political judgement on the photography at hand. You didn't make any artistic comments at all

Please find another forum to post your inappropriate garbage in.

Thank you...du hast?

from other people's comments, it seems we're not the first you've upset on this forum. well done

Oh, I'm not German by the way.

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:04 pm

Look, you are completely carried away. I am glad you like the simpsons and seinfeld.

In my opinion the beer and kids crap is complete trash. It may be funny but still complete trash. Garbage. No artistical value in my opinion whatsoever. Sorry

I am sorry you don't like that I don't like it.

I am sorry you do not like american laws.

Glad you been a pbase member for a long time. You should not comment on other peoples opinions of a third parties work. That is inappropriate. Comment to the artist themselves or the art if at all possible.

I am done with this personal insulting you started.

Yup...you are correct. I do not know anything about america, the world, the arts, kids, beer, politics, the law, photography, etc, etc, nothing, not one thing.. I am just a dumb hack. Obviously you know everything. Look at some picks now bubba, I am finished with you.

You do not know who or what you are defending. Nice of of you to take this thread way out of shape. Nice direct attack on my opinions and values. Why don't you post some pics or something constructive instead of attacking people? You must not know how anymore. Have another beer with your kid for me.

Thanks
Last edited by minoltaman on Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:30 pm

Here is where you first crossed the line...way, way back...

Well good for you. I live 10 minutes from downtown Frankfurt, and this city has a fraction of the crime, child related or not, than your's it seems, and yet we don't have to be so over protective of children to think such a harmless bit of fun such as this book is a problem.

There will be things where I draw the line, and we would see eye to eye on them, but like you had your opinion on the book, I have my opinion on your opinion on that book.

The last very long sentence is just not appropriate. Comment on the art or the artist. not other peeple that make an opinion of the work in the thread. It's about the art and/or artist not the other people participating in the thread.
Last edited by minoltaman on Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:32 pm

but like you had your opinion on the book, I have my opinion on your opinion on that book.

This part.

jchambers

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:28 am

minoltaman wrote:Here is where you first crossed the line...way, way back...

Well good for you. I live 10 minutes from downtown Frankfurt, and this city has a fraction of the crime, child related or not, than your's it seems, and yet we don't have to be so over protective of children to think such a harmless bit of fun such as this book is a problem.

There will be things where I draw the line, and we would see eye to eye on them, but like you had your opinion on the book, I have my opinion on your opinion on that book.

The last very long sentence is just not appropriate. Comment on the art or the artist. not other peeple that make an opinion of the work in the thread. It's about the art and/or artist not the other people participating in the thread.

Thankyou, oh and you point out specifically where to... let's see:

minoltaman wrote:
but like you had your opinion on the book, I have my opinion on your opinion on that book.

This part.

And that is where I crossed the line? What, don't you like to have your opinion questioned?

Fine, today is history lesson day. Here is where you crossed the line:

minoltaman wrote: You sure you can't get arrested for this type of publication?

Arrested eh? So, your opinion is that this fellow pbase artist should spend time in jail because of those photo's? Well, I had a good look through her gallery, and what I saw in relation to children, was some very happy and healthy kids. It looks to me like they seem to be growing up in a loving and secure environment. An environment it seems you think can be improved by locking this person behind bars.

And that was your first post. Tell me, what part of that first post delt with composition, contrast, colour or anything artistic? Now, I suggest anyone read on from there to see how "political" this guys opinions get.

You know, I do admit I went a tad harsh in my comparison with an 18year old soldier being allowed to kill, but an 18year old husband still not permitted to have a glass of wine. That comment branded me a communist anti-American by you. But at least in my opinion, it does seem relevant to your debate on this matter.

Anyway, so, I responded to your opinion. I wasn't the first, and I havn't been the last.

One last thing. I urge you to write to the makers of the simpsons. You would really hate that epsiode where bart and lisa (two adorable kids) go to duff gardens, the theme park of duff brewery. Ahh, what a classic episode.

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:39 am

I guess you don't know what sarcasm is in germany huh? Please don't respond. I am glad you are finished now. Like I said before in my opinion that book has no artistic value in my opinion. My wife, son, and friends I have asked to check it out feel the same way as I. The pics are nice but when combined with that text it ruins it for me.

Sorry you still have a beef with my opinion and don't understand what american sarcasm is. Soak up some suds on me.

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:42 am

Just don't drink too much or he will be waiting for you. I hope....

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:47 am

Can you read...I said I liked the pics. Start reading my posts before you spew your bunk junk. Another pic for you....

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:50 am

Maybe some flowers will cheer you up.

jchambers

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:59 am

minoltaman wrote:Just don't drink too much or he will be waiting for you. I hope....

So I should go to jail as well eh :shock:

Is there anybody in this world you don't want behind bars?

I've been having a good look through these here forums, and quite honestly mate, you don't look too popular. You know, you take nice photo's, what a pity you're such a tosser.

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:10 am

Such a pity you don't know what you are talking about mate.

jchambers

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:12 am

minoltaman wrote:Such a pity you don't know what you are talking about mate.

really, what part?

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:15 am

uhh...most everything except the stuff about the simpsons.

Last edited by minoltaman on Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

jchambers

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:17 am

ok... I don't know much about graffiti.

?? fair enough, I give you that one.

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:19 am

Ok...I'll switch.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell FUN WITH BEER