Board index PBase Show and Tell Many new photos posted

Show and Tell

Many new photos posted

Announce and discuss your photos.
britishbeef

Many new photos posted

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:13 pm

I've posted quite a few new photos at my gallery including a new Winter gallery after a weekend trip to France (on a wine and beer run!). Some examples:

Thanks for looking,

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:29 pm

Hey beef. I like that second embed real well. Do you use anything for noise with your 7hi? Your shots look real clean at ISO100. How are things for you ISO200/400? I have put almost 50,000 shots on my 7hi and am curious what techniques folks are using to combat noise at the different ISO's.

I usually do not have any real signifigant noise problems until I hit ISO400. Then it starts to get dicey. But... many underexposed low ambient light shots I take at lower ISO's have some noise evident depending on my subject and the quality of the exposure as well. Just wondering if you use some of the popular actions, programs or techniques and wanted to share any of your tips.

Penny for your thoughts?

Cheers

britishbeef

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:53 pm

Hi Don,

Thanks for your comments.

None of my photos have had any noise reduction treatment. When I first got my 7Hi I noticed a lot of noise compared to my previous Dimage 5. I then started shooting at 100 ISO whenever possible. I find the same as you, that some conditions seem to lend themselves to noisier images. I'm only just getting to grips with photography and this camera so I'm learning everytime I take my camera out! I don't therefore employ any particular techniques when taking photos. I usually use shutter or aperature priorty and ensure the WB is set according to conditions.

This shot is ISO 200 and I don't see any REAL noise problem:

Regards,Image

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:04 pm

I use a few different techniques and the noise becomes or can be very evident at slow shuter speeds at ISO200 in low light wide open. No biggie, I work around it. Many nice new programs around but I just do not have the time yet.

I also shoot 100 whenever possible as well and almost always use full manual control and focus as well and embed AdobeRGB colour space. Shooting fish in dimly lit tanks is just a pretty noisy job when you don't use a flash I think.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers

minoltaman

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:25 pm

BTW, mr. beef. I was not dogging on the Minolta or anything like that. It's my FAVORITE camara of all-time. It can do many, many, things very well.

Cheers

britishbeef

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:36 pm

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 06:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, mr. beef. I was not dogging on the Minolta or anything like that. It's my FAVORITE camara of all-time. It can do many, many, things very well.

lol! I know you weren't! However, noise is an issue with many digital cameras and info on how to avoid it is always welcome.

Regards,

skpeng

Fantastic Macro...

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:49 pm

Hi,
I like your macro shots especially the second photos. I guess if the level of noise isn't too much, it should be fine, with ISO 200 and above, it will normally cause some noise appear on the photo eventhough is not that obvious.
Anyway, please correct me if I am wrong because I am still a beginner in this area.
Cheers~

Board index PBase Show and Tell Many new photos posted