Show and Tell

29 Galleries in a row

Announce and discuss your photos.
minoltaman

Preliminary to the grand finale.

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:21 pm

pstewart

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:01 pm

I suggested this in the thread on posting images in the forum, but it bears repeating here because we have an example of a lot of large images occurring in a row.
I believe it's a good idea to use the /medium version of the image when adding one to your post.

Reasons are:

1. Some people still are on slow connections and if there are a lot of images in a thread it takes quite a while to download them at large size. I don't experience this myself, but this is what I've been told by many of my own members, so I'm passing it along.

2. The bigger images tend to "hit you in the face" in the forum threads and require too much scrolling, making it annoying to read the thread. Just my opinion on it.

3. The effect is not lost with a medium size image. In fact, when it doesn't fill the screen so much, you can appreciate it much more, in my opinion.

minoltaman

Go away phyillis!!! please!!!

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:04 pm

I prefer this size today for this particular thread. I would rather look at higher rez larger images in this thread instead of clicking all around. Thanks anyway.

From this gallery: http://www.pbase.com/minoltaman/duck_duck_goose

Cheers

minoltaman

Maybe this one is a better size for you....

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:09 pm

minoltaman

Oh....ou mean this sie huh?

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:10 pm

minoltaman

I'll compromize...

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:14 pm

pstewart

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:45 pm

I got a reply from Slug today about my suggestion that only paying members' votes should count. This is what he said:

"Yep, it's been like that already. Only votes from paying members count toward the popular galleries."--Slug

If this is the case, then what could have happened to get 29 new galleries by the same person on the pop list in a single day? Hackers? Administration password breach? Anyone out there who knows about such computer/software/security matters have any idea?

Phyllis

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:13 pm

This matter has already been addressed. Emily said she has already checked things and it is NOT a hacker. Why did you have to bump this thread? Please go read the cheating post reply from emily in the help section.

Refer this thread for the conclusion of the earlier beef in this discussion. There is no hackeres there is only overenthusiastic forum members and people that beg their friends to help them with there votes.

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=1648

I still can't believe you bumped this thread. You take the cake.

Cheers

minoltaman

Here is one of the original cheating posts noticed by anothe

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:19 pm

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=1116

The above link is where emily explains the problem. The problem is dishonest pbase members and not enough honest members voting enough. It has NOTHING to do with what you say.

From emily the forum goddess:
There hasn't been much voting going on lately, so 1 or 2 votes counts for a lot right now. That's all.

Hmmm... Maybe I should vote for my "me" gallery and make everyone look at my self portraits for a few days. haha

-Emily
(The Forum Goddess)

Please drop the excuses and quit playing this game. You should have never ever bumped this thread. You are the one that said you have a bunch a paying members here from your forum. You are the one with the technology to skew the system already in place. You said you even asked your members to do the voting and they got carried away. look at you now....

Unbelievable.

PS..emily's gallery popped into the pop gallery list a day or two after she made the post. :lol:
Last edited by minoltaman on Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:38 pm

btw...please stop telling certain members at certain times here what size images to embed. We are paying customers and we will post here how we choose to post. Regardless of what you say. If some threads are high speed threads only...so be it.

Thank you.

Ths pics will now continue...stay tuned.

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:41 pm

Your post from your cheating thread that got all of this going.
Please go to the private page link below to read the note I posted below the image there for the members on my innographx photo art and retouching site.

http://www.pbase.com/image/23814097/original

I wasn't going to say anything here, but I think I have to. It must look really strange to anyone going through the popular galleries list today, if it still looks the way it does on the screenshot I posted on this link, at least.

I was careful to say "only if you really like them...no cheating!" But folks want to help and I guess they can get carried away. I am sorry this happened. I do think my galleries are good, and you folks obviously also thought that 5 or 6 were good enough to be "popular" for some time now, but today...well...this is ridiculous, and not at all what I had in mind.

I hope you will forgive the mess I caused here, not intentionally I assure you! My innographx site really is full of friendly honest decent folks. Just a bit too enthusiastic perhaps!

That should explain things. Pleas don't forget to read the link.

Cheers
Last edited by minoltaman on Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

minoltaman

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:44 pm

Your post from earlier this thread:
My members who post photos here have paid $23 - $60 for their space, the same as you have. I should think Slug would be pleased that several of my members have followed my suggestion that they buy space here and build personal galleries. They are having fun presenting their photos and photo art here, and, after all, that is the purpose of Pbase.

2 plus 2 equals 4

Simple mathematics and a touch of corruption.

Cheers

PS this was the title of your cheating thread...you words...
Sorry...I never meant for this to happen!

pfffft

455rocket

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:00 pm

What happens if someone votes for a gallery that contains sub-galleries does it put all of the sub-galleries in the popular galleries? If so, it would be possible for a single vote to account for many of the blocks of galleries by the same artist appearing in this list.

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:11 pm

What happens if someone votes for a gallery that contains sub-galleries does it put all of the sub-galleries in the popular galleries?

Nope

minoltaman

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:13 pm

You may be interested in this thread. Explains things pretty clearly on this topic.

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=1116

After you read that if you want more details on how the beef(inadvertant flamewar) was concluded click below.

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=1648

Cheers

P.S. Make sure you click the links in the threads. BTW...emily is pbase admin.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell 29 Galleries in a row