Board index PBase Show and Tell 29 Galleries in a row

Show and Tell

29 Galleries in a row

Announce and discuss your photos.
minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:05 pm

More statistical info. The abstract gallery that made the list in the series of bumped galleries only had 10 page views yesterday and the paint gallery "my walls" had only 8. It really is only taking a few people voting to skew the 7day list real bad at this time. :(

darter02

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:02 pm

"minoltaman wrote:
Upon further review....Most all of the regular and paint galleries of mine on the list are worthy of the lists and they are on the 90day and/or all-time list.

Wow. Humble much?"

LOL.... I thought the same thing!

Don, you need to chill out a bit...... I may just stop coming to this forum too, as I did DPChallenge....[/quote]
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:12 pm

Oh ok...let me delete those lines cuz you don't like them. Why are you even reading my thread?

Why don't you drag your happy behind over to the other thread you contributed flame to. The Phyllis Stewart thread. she said almost the exact same thing. I did'nt hear you then did I? You don't like anyone discussing cheating huh? Seems rather strange to me.

Cheers

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:15 pm

I do think my galleries are good, and you folks obviously also thought that 5 or 6 were good enough to be "popular" for some time now, but today...well...this is ridiculous, and not at all what I had in mind.

Phyllis wrote this in the first post of that thread she made saying she did not intend to "cheat" or anything. I did not hear you then.

Your contribution much later in the thread was....this and only this.
This whole thread is pathetic...........

Phyllis statement is not so disimilar huh? I just don't see your gripe. Two threads on "cheating" that you have seen. Two you complain about. Go figure.....
Sorry you feel the way you do.

Cheers

pstewart

How to Stop Cheating

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:29 am

Solution to Cheating Problem: There is a very simple way to stop cheating once and for all. Set up the site so that only paying members are allowed to vote.

If this were my site and I saw this happening, and my paying members were unable to enjoy this feature because of someone abusing the system, I would do this immediately. After all, it's the paying members who support the site. Ghost accounts made just to boost status here are not ever going to turn into real accounts anyway, and those names just clog up the database for nothing. This would discourage the proliferation of bogus accounts, and would be more fair to the paying members.

Phyllis

minoltaman wrote:Or someone that runs a forum and has asked a few members to try and get back at me. If they wanted to make me look worse they could have bumped my basement and some other not as good galleries to the list.

What are you implying here? "Someone"...eh? I run a forum. You were pretty nasty to me a few days back...is this innuendo just another sneak attack? Or do you know others who run forums who you believe would want to make you look bad for some reason? Do you think you have enemies among forum administrators? Or are you just directing this to one particular forum owner? Do you really believe any forum administrator would actually risk losing decent members by adding such negative threads to his/her forum? Do you believe people are out to get you, Don?

jrbrady

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:43 am

This is all getting a little weird.

Don, take a deep breath and lets get back to posting photos and sharing ideas.

Its time for this thread to end.

jb

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:00 am

I do not know who can and who can not vote. I have never checked. I know a guest can not vote. That's all i know on that. Slug has some type of filters in play but I have no clue what he has going.

What are you implying here?

Someone that operates a forum could easily ask there members to skew someones vote.

"Someone"...eh?
Yup........ someone....

You were pretty nasty to me a few days back...is this innuendo just another sneak attack?
Ahhhhhh....no. You have been getting nasty with me for quite sometime now. I only defended myself and position vigoursly.

Or do you know others who run forums who you believe would want to make you look bad for some reason?

I have ran into only a few forum operators that were complete idiots. If there was a rougue forum operating spam-monkey haunting me I would not know who it is. I only know a forum operator has the capicty to easily contort an honest system like the one Slug uses.

Do you think you have enemies among forum administrators
How the hell would I know? I can't think for them. I rather doubt it though.

Or are you just directing this to one particular forum owner?
You are a smart girl...figure it out. I answered this questrion earlier

Do you really believe any forum administrator would actually risk losing decent members by adding such negative threads to his/her forum?

I have seen the most negative thread on all of the net at your forum. Members only section. I was notified by many when you and your friend started whacking me behind my back. Ha....Yup...I seen over negative threads from you. That's the facts.

Yes sometimes a forum operator will leave a negative thread on the board. I have seen this occur many times at many forums.

Do you believe people are out to get you, Don?
What do you mean by out to get me? No.

It has to be patently obvious to you that someone(s) is up to something concerning me and my galleries as they took the time to have a few people or a few machines click through 28 galleries and mash 28 vote buttons. Hmmm...I guess you don't notice anything odd in that.

I have no clue why whomever voted all of those galleries up. Maybe you do. If so, please tell us.

What is your trouble today. Wind get your hair all messe up over your way or what? You forum oprators have the power. Hopefully you are not misusing it. That's all I have to say.

I don't know how soon this will pass now that it's been thompson's bryson's a time or two and matson's multiple times with numbers as high as sixty some-odd galleries at a pop then yours. Now mine...by whomever my new "friend(s)" is

This is not a good thing. That's why I made this thread. There really is not many viable solutions to the problem. Just need pbase members to be honest. the 7day list do not really have much bearing on better lists. A while in the middle of that list does not generate many hits and certainly does not mean you have acquired enough votes to balast up the other lists. I just consider it the joke list these days. It is a shame. :(

Cheers

PS Thanks for at least contributing some relevant input in the beginning of your post. The trying to fix it stuff.

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:01 am

jr brady...You like cheaters too? :shock:

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:06 am

This is all getting a little weird.

Don, take a deep breath and lets get back to posting photos and sharing ideas.

Its time for this thread to end.

jb

My idea is for people to stop cheating. Youir idea seems to be sweep it under the rug. Good on ya.
Last edited by minoltaman on Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:08 am

From now on can we please stick to the subject of vote skewing. That is the topic of the thread. If you do not like it I would suggest you would refrain from participating or reading this thread. Obviously it is not your cup of tea.

Thank you.

jrbrady

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:12 am

My respect for you has gone under the rug too.

jb

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:21 am

See how liars and cheats are ruining this world. Can't even speak the truth without upsetting guys like you. And now we have to look the other way when someone is totally abusing the system. I am sorry you feel that way. I assume you are in the minority of pbase users that supports dishonesty and cheating.

To you it mus just about posting snaps and screwing the voting system I guess. Why would you not care about cheats? I bet you were down in Florida workin for Al a while back. :wink: :roll:
How can something get fixed or be be made aware of unless someone makes a post and adresses it Gee whiz.

Like I said before, I do not buy my votes. I will not buy yours. Sorry.

Have a good night.

framewerkz

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:11 am

minoltaman wrote:
Wow. Humble much?

Do you have a job other than just trolling around trying to incite flame?

Thanks

Ps..You one of those guys afraid of the truth?

Uh, yeah, Don, I have a job that means I don't spend my time here getting strident about things that shouldn't matter too much. Take a deep breath, and maybe a pill or two.

Afraid of the truth? What reality are you working with here, Don?

minoltaman

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:21 am

I don't understand why a few of you don't give a darn. I am living in the reality of uploading 10,000 photos and I don't care for people abusing the system. Sorrry! I see it being abused day in day out. I see you pipe in with purse, panty and pill comments day in and day out. Go figure....

Cheerio

pstewart

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:40 am

minoltaman wrote: You have been getting nasty with me for quite sometime now. I only defended myself and position vigoursly.

This is completely backwards. I challenge you to find one nasty comment from me to you in that entire thread. The nastiness was all one-sided...from Don toward Phyllis. You filled up my apology thread with a stream of off-topic false accusations, and it was totally uncalled for and out of place in a photography forum.

minoltaman wrote: I have no clue why whomever voted all of those galleries up. Maybe you do. If so, please tell us.[...]You forum oprators have the power. Hopefully you are not misusing it.

Why do you think I would know this? Unless you are, again, trying to insinuate that I had something to do with it. Please stop this. I am not out to get you, or anyone. I am just trying to post photos and run a site. Not everyone is consumed with what happens to Don Northup. We have our own busy lives. So, for the last time, please stop this nonsense.
-----

To any and all readers:

I don't recall being told when I joined, or else I forgot... who actually is in charge of this site? To whom should I direct my suggestion that voters must be paying members?

Thanks.
Phyllis

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell 29 Galleries in a row