Board index PBase Show and Tell 29 Galleries in a row

Show and Tell

29 Galleries in a row

Announce and discuss your photos.
minoltaman

29 Galleries in a row

Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:23 pm

This vote scamming stuff is really getting old. The man named matson has 29 galleries in a row in the popular galleries list today. Same thing happened to his galleries a couple weeks ago. This can NOT be honest voting. It is a shame some people have to circumvent an honest system and make it more difficult for the honest people around here.

My 25 centsUS on cheating the 7 day list. There is no other way 29 galleries in a row pop up from one person in the middle of that list.

Cheers
Last edited by minoltaman on Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

framewerkz

Re: 29 Galleries in a row

Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:47 pm

minoltaman wrote:This vote scamming stuff is really getting old. The man named matson has 29 galleries in a row in the popular galleries list today. Same thing happened to his galleries a couple weeks ago. This can NOT be honest voting. It is a shame some people have to circumvent an honest system and make it more difficult for the honest people around here.

My 25 centsUS on cheating the 7 day list. There is no other way 29 galleries in a row pop up from one person in the middle of that list.

Cheers

Is it worth getting really panty-bunched about this sort of thing?

I mean, none of my galleries have ever made it to the Popular list, and I'm not feeling in any way unfulfilled about it.

Life's too short.

minoltaman

Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:01 pm

What do your galleries have to do with anything? The popular lists are one of the biggest features here at pbase to give your galleries exposure. One of the biggest most out front features period. That's why there is a 7day, 90day and all time lists exist in the first place. The system is designed to direct other users and members more easily to quality galeries. Not to mention the pbase cover page is attached to the voting and lists as well. That's quite a bit of stuff revolving around voting huh? Honest voting would be nice.

To see the same people cheat week in week out is actually pretty freaken HIlarious to me. Actually real darn funny. It does suck to look through the lists and see the same name fill up page after page though all in a row. I would think it sucks for the people that work hard that are trying to get on the lists as well.

Why don't you put your panties in your purse and go swing them at one of the cheaters. Who knows....your galleries may creep into the lists then. You never know....you may like the sunshine.

So ya see fw, no bunching here. Just another good laugh when cruising the lists today. :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :!: Just thought I would share some honest thoughts. :D

Happy Voting

minoltaman

Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:15 pm

The purpose of the popularity ranking is so we can easily find galleries that other people think are worth looking at.
There are no defined criteria, but galleries with good technical or artistic quality will float to the top.

Some filters are in place to prevent people from skewing the votes by creating many accounts just to vote on their own galleries.

The above lines were extracted from the text on the popular galleries page. I assume it was placed there by slug, the owner of pbase.

I don't think he would have put filters in place to stop cheating if he wanted cheaters to abuse the system. I don't think I am the only one that dislikes people abusing someone's system that is put in place for a reason.

If people did'nt cheat the sytem every week it would be much easier to learn from each other. Almost every day I am inspired by a new gallery I see on that list. I do not get very inspired or inspired to vote when I see the same name 10, 20, 40 times in a row.

Just my thoughts and some stuff from Slug.

Cheers

gaocus

Re: 29 Galleries in a row

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:08 am

minoltaman wrote:This vote scamming stuff is really getting old. The man named matson has 29 galleries in a row in the popular galleries list today. Same thing happened to his galleries a couple weeks ago. This can NOT be honest voting. It is a shame some people have to circumvent an honest system and make it more difficult for the honest people around here.

Cheers

Yes, it is kind of rediculous. Between Matson, SD9/10, and Stewart there are over 50 galleries on the 7 day list. And I'll bet the SD9/10 and Matson are related. But, what ya gonna do?

gaocus

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:14 pm

Don,

If that was you who who was behind getting all of your galleries in a row on the 7 day list, its a pretty childish response. I hope it wasn't you.

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:18 pm

gaocus.....Yor first post I understand. The second I do not. I do not have a bunch of galleries propped up on the 7day list. I have a few galleries on the 7day list and many on the 90 day and all-time list.

What are you talking about with this statement?

If that was you who who was behind getting all of your galleries in a row on the 7 day list, its a pretty childish response. I hope it wasn't you.

Plerase clarify this because it does not mke any sense.

Thank you.

PS..I am not sure what matsons deal is or brisons. Te sigma propped a few of his galleries up but he has had sixty galleries on the list in a row before. That's quite a bit more than coincidental sd9 hits.

Not much you can do...just be aware of who cheats and who does not and avoid voting for the cheaters whenever possible.

Cheers

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:25 pm

Sorry gaocus....I did not look completely through the list.

I did Not boost my galleries onto the board by cheating. Someone is either trying to make me look bad or thought they needed to elevetate my galleries.

Hmmmm. The plot thickens. Only the pbase team and the voters know where these votes are coming from. If they would let someone know when something like this happens. It would make things VERY clear.

I suspect it's one of the cheaters who has the power to cast many votes that has "cheated" my galleries up the list.

I do NOT have to cheat my gallerie list. Now...back to see how many are on the list. I dio not even have one friend or family member signed up here at pbase. I do not steal votes.

THANKS ALOT to whomever cheated my galleries. Not!!!!!!!

Cheers
Last edited by minoltaman on Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:36 pm

Upon further review....Most all of the regular and paint galleries of mine on the list are worthy of the lists and they are on the 90day and/or all-time list.

This fish shots are also good fish shots of very hard to capture subjects But it looks like someone may have went crazy on them though as well of course.

So who you figure it was gaocus? I did get 10,000 hits yesterday but there is no way thet generated that number of votes in the normal manner or in that order I don't think.

Cheers
Last edited by minoltaman on Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:42 pm

I would suspect matson since his galleries have had over 100 zooms up the list lately and since mine went one vote above his or so. I have other reasons to suspect him as well but I will keep that personal.

Just a guess. Or someone that runs a forum and has asked a few members to try and get back at me. If they wanted to make me look worse they could have bumped my basement and some other not as good galleries to the list. Oh well. Good for me huh?

Maybe it was someone(s) that supported my argument and thought a little unfair fair play was in order.

I really do not know. I wish I did.

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:06 pm

By the web statistics I checked the votes came from an isp in the US between 4pm and 11pm my time I believe. I only had 39 views on my main fish gallery page yesterday. That translated to enough votes to elevate almost every fish gallery to the middle of the board. Wow!, that is a precision operation if you know what I mean. That's the best I can tell from the limited statistics I can see. The number of propped up galleries is also very coincidental and odd I think. If we only knew what Slug knows.

Cheers

PS. Anyone want to fess up?

gaocus

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:05 pm

Good, I'm glad that wasn't you, I would have been dissapointed :) Well, somebody is up to trying to ruin a useful idea.

minoltaman wrote:Sorry gaocus....I did not look completely through the list.

I did Not boost my galleries onto the board by cheating. Someone is either trying to make me look bad or thought they needed to elevetate my galleries.

Hmmmm. The plot thickens. Only the pbase team knows where these votes are coming from. If they would let someone know when something like this happens. It would make things VERY clear.

I suspect it's one of the cheaters who has the power to cast many votes that has "cheated" my galleries up the list.

I do NOT have to cheat my gallerie list. Now...back to see how many are on the list. I dio not even have one friend or family member signed up here at pbase. I do not steal votes.

THANKS ALOT to whomever cheated my galleries. Not!!!!!!!

Cheers

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:10 pm

Good, I'm glad that wasn't you, I would have been dissapointed Well, somebody is up to trying to ruin a useful idea.

You can say that again so I will for you. :)

Good, I'm glad that wasn't you, I would have been dissapointed Well, somebody is up to trying to ruin a useful idea.

Regards

framewerkz

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:11 pm

minoltaman wrote:Upon further review....Most all of the regular and paint galleries of mine on the list are worthy of the lists and they are on the 90day and/or all-time list.

Wow. Humble much?

minoltaman

Post Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:25 pm

Wow. Humble much?

Since those galleries have already been voted up the 90day and all-time list and commented on by many great pbase members I assume they are worthy of th 7 day list as well. Not to mention many prints have been sold and I have had offers to contribute pics to magazines I can reasonable assume those galleries are pretty cool to some folks. I can also assume by the amount of traffic looking at my "non-girlie " pics that people do enjoy those galleries. The dripping paint and textures and streat speak galleries are innovative and the graffiti gallery the best graffiti at pbase. The Mustang Sally prints have been sold to them and are some of the best pics on the web of the red-hot all girls act. The greens are some good stuff too. And who does not love cats? I think people do also like the Photoshopping Autumn and Fall Fantasy becuuase they are also pretty innovative and fairly good to look at. Anyway, go read some of the comments in my galleries from your peers here at pbase. There is well over 300 comments to cruise. I suppose all of those people are liars? I think not...BTW...thanks for those comments if any of them were made by you and you are reading this thread. :)

Do you have a job other than just trolling around trying to incite flame?

Thanks

Ps..You one of those guys afraid of the truth?
Last edited by minoltaman on Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Board index PBase Show and Tell 29 Galleries in a row