Board index PBase Show and Tell Sorry...I never meant for this to happen!

Show and Tell

Sorry...I never meant for this to happen!

Announce and discuss your photos.
minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:53 am

Gosh I sure hope so! What are you doing up so late Danielle? 8) Or is it early for you?

framewerkz

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:59 am

Sheesh it all went kinda conciliatory before the handbags came out. Pooey.

pstewart

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:02 am

minoltaman wrote:This will be the last kooky thread I participate in.

It didn't start out as kooky. It had nothing to do with you, until you made it about yourself.

To quote the wisdom of another member’s comment:
e_pixa wrote:ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ....

Anyway, you said you were finished posting to this thread, so please try to keep your word. You changed the subject so much that my initial message has nearly been lost in the nonsense. And stop asking me to delete my thread! Just stop posting rants and silly replies if you are embarrassed by your own remarks.

Finally, here's some free advice (next time I'll have to charge :) ):

Unplug your computer and take your camera out and get some fresh air and some new pics! Relax and enjoy life, and forget past hurts. Life is short! Think positive upbeat thoughts and just enjoy today!

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:05 am

fw...:lol: :lol: Very funny :lol: :lol: man...I gotta go to bed. Phyllis probably does too....she just lives up the road from me...no kidding. it's bleeping 3:00 in the morning here.

Sorry...no more poo for you.

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:15 am

It didn't start out as kooky. It had nothing to do with you, until you made it about yourself.

This is the lamest kookiest excuse for a thread I have ever read here at pbase. Just read the title. Kooky to say the least.

Now consider the content of the first post.....ah...I did'nt cheat...honestly....Even kookier.

So it is a kooky thread. It is a kooky topic. It is a kooky post for this forum.

pstewart

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:53 am

minoltaman wrote:she just lives up the road from me...no kidding. it's bleeping 3:00 in the morning here..

Actually Rockford is over an hour's drive from my house. And I seldom go to bed before 3 AM anyway. Night is a good time to do computer work since no one here is bugging me or needing food or tutoring etc. Besides, we old folks don't need as much sleep as young'uns. :)

framewerkz wrote:Sheesh it all went kinda conciliatory before the handbags came out. Pooey.

Sorry if you got your popcorn for nothing. But I'm not interested in flamewars...not my style. I only replied to Don's remarks because I couldn't let some of those misstatements go unanswered. Anyone with any self-respect would have done the same. However, if you read the content of my posts, you won't find any flaming or provoking in my words, just rational corrections and statements of facts, all of which can be easily checked on and found to be accurate.

jet_liera wrote:You both hate each other's guts

Gee, Jorge, this is a completely unwarranted conclusion. I don't hate anyone! I don't have a hateful bone in my body. I'm surprised you would even think such a thing! In fact, I tried hard to help Don after the RTP fiasco. But I failed to convince him to change his ways, and he got himself tossed out of two more photo sites in addition to my own. I couldn't help him, but at least I did try. He will attest to the fact that I corresponded with him trying to befriend him and help him overcome his temper etc. He even posted one of my nice letters to him on RTP to prove that I didn't dislike him. That isn't "hate." That is caring and concern for a fellow human being with a problem to overcome. About as far from "hate" as you can get.

Sure I can be annoyed by someone's behavior, but I endeavor to try to help change it, not to hate the source. Sometimes folks can't control what they say and do very well. This should engender compassion and understanding, not hatred! Clarification when they misstate reality? Sure. Avoidance, perhaps, yes...when all else fails. But hatred? Never! I'm a teacher by profession, and my whole life has been dedicated to helping others. I don't hate Don any more than I "hate" a student who misbehaves a lot. I hope you understand the difference between not tolerating a behavior and "hating" a person. Hatred is a sin for a good reason...it pulls society apart. Just witness what hatred is doing in the middle east right now. Hatred causes irrational behavior. Nothing but pain comes of hate. So please be careful when you use that word...thanks.

minoltaman wrote:Now consider the content of the first post.....ah...I did'nt cheat...honestly....Even kookier.

So it is a kooky thread. It is a kooky topic. It is a kooky post for this forum.

I don't think my apologizing for and explaining the cause of the appearance of those pop galleries is the least bit "kooky." I was sincerely sorry it happened, and, as I have stated repeatedly, it was never my intention to cheat. What makes this thread "kooky" is your taking it so far off-topic. And also, I think the popcorn was a little stale. ;)

framewerkz

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:09 pm

Last word anyone?

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:22 pm

OK..Koookoookachooo...more unadulterated self-serving hogwash. Otherwise known as complete BS.

Cheers

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:49 pm

Copyright Violation Notice

05-JUL-03 Don, aka Fishboy:

You have several of my photographs posted here in your galleries. You do not have permission to post my copyrighted photos on your website. If
you had read the blurb that accompanied the original posting of the
mini-challenges at RTP you would have known this. Here it what it says:

LEGAL VERBIAGE
Phyllis Stewart retains the U.S. and international copyright
© not only for the original image, but also for any photo-art versions of
it. Unauthorized distribution or use of this image without permission are
prohibited.

Either you had never noticed this legal note on any of the challenges, or
you did notice it and just disregarded it. Either you were being careless
or you were willfully breaking the law. I hope it's the first.

At any rate, you must remove all images from your site for which you don't
have the written permission of the photographer, and that includes your
photo art versions.

By the way, I see that YOU have included a copyright protection notice for your own photos here. Why do you violate the rights of others while telling us to respect your own copyright?

Phyllis Stewart

This is an example of thel love phyllis has for me. She made me remove all of my photo-art renders that I did on her originals for for the threads at RP. Yup she is trying to help allright. She posted the photos for photo-art and then demanded that they be removed. As did some of her fellow forum members.

I would beware if you are doing photo-art at her forum. One day she can turn on you and all of the time you spent on photo-art wiill be wasted. She offered the images for render and then through a fit when she left RP that they were being displayed here.

You people that participate in Photo-art forums will know that this is a low down dirty rotten play. She begs and borrows all of the photos she can andthe posts her works of them to gat accolades. Meanwhile making certain people remove their work from the galleries on her and her friends photos.

The copyright info was at the beginning of the RP gallery. Most all of the people that work on photo-art display their works on everyone elses photos. This is common practice. Yup...she was trying to help when she made me remove my photo art renders.

She filled my box up with the nasty messages for a two day period. Her fellow forum buddy did too. They also filled up my guestbook and forums with messages that I am a photo theif.

Everyone here knows I am nothing of the sort. I have donated over 500 photos copyright free in the last year to diifferent photo-art forums around the net.

her galleries are the ones I see with everyones borrowed photos. Sure is one way huh?

The quote from above was a mesasage I received from her on this matter.
Last edited by minoltaman on Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:51 pm

In conclusion...do not make Phyllis mad. She will haunt you forever. Be careful using her photo-art images. You see now what can happen.

She also removed ALL of her contributions to RP. She has a habit of taking things away and boasting about.

Yup..caring, loving, teaching....blah, blah, blah. I have a few other choice words for her behaviour.
Last edited by minoltaman on Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaun

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:59 pm

This is getting pretty old, oh & childish to. Stop flinging
poo at each other & drop it.

Regards,
Shaun Lowe

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:03 pm

OK shaun

These are my submissions to the threads at RetouchPro. This gallery contains my artwork, but not my original photos. If you enjoyed this gallery please don't forget to click the vote button at the bottom of the gallery page. Thank you very much for taking the time to view this gallery today. Copyright information can be found at the beginning the original thread in the photo-art mini challenge sub-forum at http://www.retouchpro.com.

Here is my copyright statement on the RetouchPro gallery that has been cleary posted since June 26, 2003. You will find similar statemnts all about the net regarding pa.

Just the facts...

pstewart

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:03 pm

minoltaman wrote:Copyright information can be found at the beginning the original thread in the photo-art mini challenge sub-forum at http://www...

I don't think most folks will follow that link just to find a photographer's name, which I consider unfair to the photographer. Just my feeling on the matter. If you will look under any of my photo art images, you will see that I not only post the photographer's name with copyright notice, but also a direct link to his/her original photo on pbase or whatever site it was posted on. Sure, this is more trouble, but if we're using someone else's photos, it's the least we can do, in my opinion. Notice that Sunny713, Lisa, is currently using a lot of my Kids photos for her wonderful "little faces" high key gallery. She is doing the same thing...putting the copyright and photo source under each one. Most people will take the time to thank and acknowledge the source, and give a plug/link to their site as well. Not required, perhaps, but the "right" way, in my opinion.

framewerkz wrote:Last word anyone?

LOL! Framewerkz, you are fun! Just can't let that popcorn go to waste, eh? Still hoping to encourage some action! Thanks for lightening up the mood. I think we all needed that. :) :D

Well, MM has given us about ten "last words" now. In some shows it seems the credits roll on forever, but most folks don't usually stick around....just get up and leave, taking their leftover popcorn home. Only my hubby sticks around for the credits...guess you and he are always hoping for some out-takes at the end! :roll: Knowing MM, he has a few more "last words" left in him yet. I'm flattered that MM saved all my old letters...probably tied with a digital blue ribbon!

Sorry for sounding flip, but I'm getting tired of this cartoon feature. I got a whole 3 hours of sleep and am a little punchy from sleep deprivation, I'm afraid. :) More coffee... must have coffee...

My "last word" is this: Instead of listening to second hand reports of what my photo site and its members are like, please stop by and see for yourself what we're all about: http://www.innographx.com/forum

Phyllis

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:22 pm

WoooooHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It's finally OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW....Most of your forum members do not use your procedure. I can paste links to many galleries of your members if you like.

Matter-o-fact almost no one that has RP images posted here uses that procedure. It may be nice but it is beside the point. Besides you accused me of being a theif in public when you already knew I was not and had my statement posted. You were just being mean and vindictive.

You do like to carry on don't you. I see you have had the last word on 16 of 28 headings in your forum as of right now. You do like to dominate the threads don't you? You also own 23 percent of all the posts in your forum

I think you have had as many last words as I.

WooooHoooooo!!!! I hope it is still over. I suppose you will want to argue and contradict this statement as well huh?
Last edited by minoltaman on Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minoltaman

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:35 pm

I'm flattered that MM saved all my old letters...probably tied with a digital blue ribbon!

Uhhh...no. With you the pbase inbox just saves them automatically. I just go to the private messages and click on your name. Sorta like an auto archive. Know what I mean? :lol:

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Show and Tell Sorry...I never meant for this to happen!